Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got my service and MOT booked in at my local ford dealer this week.

This is the first time it's been to Ford since I've had a full exhaust system fitted and its currently running a dreamacience map.

Should I flash it back to stock ahead of the service? Thanks.

Luke

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,111 Posts
Not in my opinion, just get the cat hot straight before they do the MOT to give it the best chance on the emissions test

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
The dreamscience instructions suggest you flash back to stock before dealer work.

·
Super Moderator
23,638 Posts
Bizarre. Can't see why that would be necessary for service work. I can only assume by "dealer work" they are referring to warranty work, whereby an aftermarket map would void anything related.

Only thing to be mindful of is the need to possibly flash the map back on after service work, as sometimes they do updates which flashes back to stock map.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not in my opinion, just get the cat hot straight before they do the MOT to give it the best chance on the emissions test
Cheers mate - I am running a Milltek sports cat. Not sure when Ford will do the MOT so no idea if they'll warm it properly. But I'll make sure it's hot when I drop it off and ask if they can do the MOT ASAP.

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,111 Posts
Ah yes, possibly to avoid the dealers overwriting the map although any field service actions on the Mk6 now is very unlikely but good to be on the safe side I guess.

Or warranty

Could also be emissions but I think the former is more likely as the advice is also aimed at cars like the mk8 where both warranty work and updates are likely

1 - 9 of 9 Posts