Is your Mk7 fiesta st a rusty hoor

• Practically a Seive

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, anyone has experiences of rust on their st180s.

Just found a patch on my boot floor that has corroded from the underside up into the car and may now need welded :( 2013 on 130k miles . Rear quarter is looking like its going to need some paint too as the join at the bumper is beginning to rust. I had heard the rear quarter paint rubbing away is quite common.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Should be a drain hole in the boot surely, just like the bottom of the doors. Condensation will form in the boot.

BTW to minimise condensation/water, use AC as this chills the air (dropping out moisture outside the vehicle) before re-heating it. AC can be used as dehumidifier

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST200 mk7 Stage 3+ Build
822 Posts
When I picked up my ST200 I noticed a little water in the boot after I washed it.. although I only noticed as the inside was fogging up a little at night which seemed odd.. I thought it was the rear lights or the flaps behind the bumper allowing water in but I have the revised rear lights and the flaps were fine..

whilst I was there I popped some gorilla white waterproof tape/sealant on areas behind there for future preventative measure but I noticed that the little rubber cap between the boot and boot lid that connects it had lifted ever so slightly allowing water in, which goes on the top side of the roof liner the runs down the side of both lights ultimately ending up in the boot floor!

just a heads up for anyone else with the same issue I had.

going Back to rust, when I removed my rear arch liners I noticed the odd welded hangar bracket area had minor surface rust (2016, 30K miles) - I had hammerrite rust treatment kit handy and the funny thing is, I know some people say the st200 has ‘primer’ paint but that’s no joke as the primer in this kit was a near perfect match 😂😂 - Aside from this I can’t really see any rust other than the usual engine bay areas prone to the weather.

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,146 Posts
Not a mk7 but the spare wheel well on my Mk6 is a bit of a mess. I had someone make up a panel and weld it over the rust as a patch about 5+ years ago which looked good and slowed it for a good while but it's now starting to come through again. Modern Ford's don't seem to be rust buckets, but it could always rear its head eventually. Mine is now at an age and value (or lack of) that I can either tolerate it or decide to finally teach myself how to weld.

I should also add that the car has lived literally on the coast for 10 years as well within throwing distance of the sea which has undoubtedly accelerated the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts