Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
These were the ones I got. They were from Rates Ford on eBay -

Rectangle Font Water Circle Number

Note, the rears didn't fit. They were the correct shape, but the later models don't have the 90 degree vertical lip on the inside of the bumper, which the flaps clip to. If you have an earlier model that does have this, you're good to go.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These were the ones I got. They were from Rates Ford on eBay -

View attachment 590247
Note, the rears didn't fit. They were the correct shape, but the later models don't have the 90 degree vertical lip on the inside of the bumper, which the flaps clip to. If you have an earlier model that does have this, you're good to go.

View attachment 590248
Thanks 😁 just ordered. I have 72 reg so the rears won't fit 😥

·
Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
54 Posts
RallyFlapz are great, they keep the dirt off brilliantly, you can literally see all the road gunk built up on them which would of been all over the door if they weren’t there.
have you got the full length ones or the 'shorties' ? I'm wondering how close to the ground the full length ones go as I will be reversing up a low 3.5" - 4" high kerb to store car off road at night and wonder if that would cause the flaps to drag on the kerb as I reverse and then have the wheels kind of 'run over' the flaps and drag half the bumper down too!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
@mightbemeangreen
Hi, I’ve got the normal length. I’ll check the ground distance for you tomorrow though if you’d like.

I sometimes hear them catch when bumping the curb when we visit the in laws, but they haven’t been damaged by this nor have I caught them in anything else yet. You kind of get used to them being there and being a bit more careful when approaching curbs etc.

For me at least, the benefits are worth it. Especially when you’ve found the time to clean the car and have to inevitably drive in the rain the next day! The car still looks clean as the guard has caught all the road funk.

When we first got the car, whilst driving home we picked up a stone from the front wheel which chipped the door ever so slightly and it really pee’d me off. I haven’t had any more chips along the door since fitting them.

·
Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
54 Posts
@mightbemeangreen
Hi, I’ve got the normal length. I’ll check the ground distance for you tomorrow though if you’d like.

I sometimes hear them catch when bumping the curb when we visit the in laws, but they haven’t been damaged by this nor have I caught them in anything else yet. You kind of get used to them being there and being a bit more careful when approaching curbs etc.

For me at least, the benefits are worth it. Especially when you’ve found the time to clean the car and have to inevitably drive in the rain the next day! The car still looks clean as the guard has caught all the road funk.

When we first got the car, whilst driving home we picked up a stone from the front wheel which chipped the door ever so slightly and it really pee’d me off. I haven’t had any more chips along the door since fitting them.
Yes thanks, I have them on my Focus RS but that goes in my garage up a smooth ramp, the Fiesta will need to go in front driveway and be reversed in squarely up the kerb, I just have images of the flaps dragging back under the tyres and being run over and then ripping everything off !! Cheers.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes thanks, I have them on my Focus RS but that goes in my garage up a smooth ramp, the Fiesta will need to go in front driveway and be reversed in squarely up the kerb, I just have images of the flaps dragging back under the tyres and being run over and then ripping everything off !! Cheers.
FWIW, I had the standard length rally flapz on my mk7, I regularly drove up / reversed up kerbs to put the car in my front garden, as long as you don’t drive up at any kind of speed, you should be fine, I never ripped one off, or even damaged mine when I had it. I plan on getting some for my mk8 too, shouldn’t have any problems with those either

I only ripped a mud flap off my first car by driving it briskly over an edging stone that was sticking out of my garden.

·
Registered
869 Posts
They look good, don’t they? Are they relatively easy to fit?
m
They are pretty easy to fit yeah, you just need turn the front wheels to get at the lining for the front, but the rear require you to remove the wheel, but it’s pretty straight forward fitting. I really do rate them, even if the look/style isn’t your cup of tea, they do a good job of keeping the dirt off, which is the main purpose, 🤙

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are pretty easy to fit yeah, you just need turn the front wheels to get at the lining for the front, but the rear require you to remove the wheel, but it’s pretty straight forward fitting. I really do rate them, even if the look/style isn’t your cup of tea, they do a good job of keeping the dirt off, which is the main purpose, 🤙
Thanks. Sorry it’s taken a while to respond but the post disappeared off the main page! M

1 - 20 of 20 Posts