Fiesta ST Forums banner
221 - 240 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Joining in with the Aus owners (soon I hope). Managed to jump onto a cancelled order here in WA for a Magnetic Grey ST. Only its showing as a late Jan delivery and a 2023.00 build (December build 2022). This will match nicely to our new Focus ST in Mean Green that should be here in a month as well.

Never owned a ST badged Fiesta (or Focus) before, but have had 4 x XR4's (Aus badged 2007-08 ST's) and 2017 Focus RS. Just sold a 2009 VE SSV ute to make way for the Fiesta haha
Gonna be a great garage mate. One of only 40 Foci (is that the plural?) being the last batch coming into the country. Congrats, and good colour choices you've made there. Bonus points for epic switch from Holden too 😅. Hope they both get here on time.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey great news!

The car I didn't order in terms of the colour or number of doors and a few other things that everyone has had to put up with in terms of reduction of specification, that the Puma seems to be immune to, is about to arrive. Not one word of apology from Ford. Nothing. The dealer I have to say has been as good as I could hoped for and the price after negotiation is acceptable.

However, after everything, Ford seem to think I should just be grateful with anything they deem fit to deliver and I suppose I should happy I've got four wheels.

Communist Russia apparently used the same tactic with Ladas as it was your time for a car you just took what they had...

As you can probably tell I'm a bit annoyed, not with the dealer, but Ford.

Wonder what company my next car will be coming from...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gonna be a great garage mate. One of only 40 Foci (is that the plural?) being the last batch coming into the country. Congrats, and good colour choices you've made there. Bonus points for epic switch from Holden too 😅. Hope they both get here on time.
Thanks Mate...i made the decision to buy the Fiesta on a Friday after work (after mulling it over for a few weeks)...then woke the next morning to the news of the cancellation of them in Aus, so headed down that day to our local dealer. I put a deposit down and was waiting to hear if they had a new allocation, but then found out there was not going to be any more allocated. So i jumped on the phone the next day to see if i could fins a cancelled order at a local dealer here in WA...and bingo!

The Focus order was added after securing the Fiesta...that was harder. Contacted Ford Aus to see if they could tell me of any dealers who had an unallocated (nothing here in WA)...found one in a small country town in NSW, so its costing extra to ship over, but well worth it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Collected my Magnetic ST3 on Friday.
Very pleased with the car and like the digi dash.
Mine was only built at beginning of August but there are some subtle differences compared to my other half’s 70 plate ST3.
Bonnet, headlights and front bumper are completely different and front of the car sits higher.
No electric mirrors etc and these have already been discussed. Just little things like the BandO badge is now missing from the door speakers.

Very pleased with the car, seats are a big improvement and the headlights are amazing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Collected my Magnetic ST3 on Friday.
Very pleased with the car and like the digi dash.
Mine was only built at beginning of August but there are some subtle differences compared to my other half’s 70 plate ST3.
Bonnet, headlights and front bumper are completely different and front of the car sits higher.
No electric mirrors etc and these have already been discussed. Just little things like the BandO badge is now missing from the door speakers.

Very pleased with the car, seats are a big improvement and the headlights are amazing.

Any photos?

Hoping my 5 door Magnetic shows up this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I collected my st3 over the weekend and let the mk7 st3 go after 7 years.
Very happy with the car, especially the pan roof. Coming from a 2014 st3 which I owned since 2015, the differences are huge. I was surprised how much bigger the mk8 (8.5) is in comparison.
It’s a white 3 door as well, looks 10x better in the flesh than what cameras can pick up. It gets a lot of attention, even saw one dude outside my house stop in his car to take a look.

My only gripe is the design of the infotainment. It’s very bland.
I don’t have any panel gaps under the boot. It does have B&O so carpet is probably cut but I’m not too fussed by that.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was reading today that by the end of this month, Ford expect to have 45,000 vehicles part finished and parked up awaiting parts. That's not a typo, 45,000. So I do have a little sympathy, and can to an extent see why they're doing things like making the digital dash an option - be3cause it means they can finish off some cars and sell them as "without that option". I actually don't think it's all about cost cutting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just been driving in the dark and the ‘Matrix’ headlights are fantastic. Very similar in operation to an M4 that I’ve just sold. Main beam ‘swerves’ around oncoming vehicles. Brilliant.

Only negative for me is the fact that it doesn’t have a ‘blind’ spot portion on the drivers door mirror. It’s actually amazing that it’s not there in this day and age.

Other than that, very very happy😁

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just been driving in the dark and the ‘Matrix’ headlights are fantastic. Very similar in operation to an M4 that I’ve just sold. Main beam ‘swerves’ around oncoming vehicles. Brilliant.

Only negative for me is the fact that it doesn’t have a ‘blind’ spot portion on the drivers door mirror. It’s actually amazing that it’s not there in this day and age.

Other than that, very very happy😁
wait, I’ve been turning off the auto beam because I just see the blue symbol as cars approach and think oncoming drivers must see my beam. So the car actually diverts the beam away until cars have passed?

·
Registered
65 Posts
wait, I’ve been turning off the auto beam because I just see the blue symbol as cars approach and think oncoming drivers must see my beam. So the car actually diverts the beam away until cars have passed?
Yeah, it detects oncoming cars and rear lights of cars ahead of you and drops to dipped beams again. Took me by surprise the first time I went for a night-time drive, overtook someone on the motorway, and with noone around the full beams came on.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-3 Mk8.5
139 Posts
Yeah, it detects oncoming cars and rear lights of cars ahead of you and drops to dipped beams again. Took me by surprise the first time I went for a night-time drive, overtook someone on the motorway, and with noone around the full beams came on.
I was driving mine tonight and intentionally leaving it on the auto setting with full beam.

Not one single person flashed me, so it must be working!

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-3 Mk8.5
139 Posts
Thought I'd give my first impressions after doing about 200 miles, for those still waiitng or considering...

Pros:

Front end looks so much better in person and I'd defintiely say more 'sportier'. Tinted tail lights set off the look nicely as well.
New one feels a little bit punchier than outgoing ST-2 and gearbox is smoother (old one was a bit 'crunchy' in 2nd).
Seats are a definite upgrade, much more comfortable and just as supportive. The bit that pulls out from the front is handy for longer legs.
Digital dash is really impressive as well, not experienced any lag or freezing with it. Love the animations when changing modes.
I prefer the more matt looking carbon affect with red accents on the dash trim Vs. the outgoing glossy carbon affect.
New headlights are amazing and seem to do their job properly when encountering oncoming traffic, although I'll need to test this some more to be certain.

Cons:

Missing a few little bits such as sunglasses holder, footwell and door card lights, powerfold mirrors and the ST badges on the key fobs (swapped them with my old keys).

221 - 240 of 304 Posts