Fiesta ST Forums banner
241 - 260 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
I prefer the more matt looking carbon affect with red accents on the dash trim Vs. the outgoing glossy carbon affect.
This is definitely one for personal opinion! I thought the old high gloss trim was excellent although the carbon effect was a little subtle. The new trim though - I don’t personally think it looks anything like any carbon fibre I’ve ever seen. To me, it just looks like cheap textured plastic - which is what it is.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST2 MK 8.5 waiting
128 Posts
for a company like ford and a flagship variant like the "ST" is, its so annoying to cut things like that "key budge"
i love my fiesta st, and i am happy with it. But i have to say the negatives not only the positives.
i am disapointed form ford as company! zero respect for her customers
my car came with the prefacelift users manual of mk8. when i asked for the new one they told me that they dont have it. ford didnt send it yet. For such a big company like ford these things are so annoying

sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
151 Posts
Missing a few little bits such as sunglasses holder, footwell and door card lights, powerfold mirrors and the ST badges on the key fobs (swapped them with my old keys).
Good review! As the others have pointed out it should definitely have ST on the key, maybe that is a dealer oversight? It should have footwell lights too, my 8.5 certainly has. It is missing the cup holder lights, haven’t checked/noticed the door pockets though.

Does yours have lights next to the vanity mirrors in the sun visor? Again mine does, but I have seen it missing on a couple of the more recent 8.5’s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was reading today that by the end of this month, Ford expect to have 45,000 vehicles part finished and parked up awaiting parts. That's not a typo, 45,000. So I do have a little sympathy, and can to an extent see why they're doing things like making the digital dash an option - be3cause it means they can finish off some cars and sell them as "without that option". I actually don't think it's all about cost cutting.
Damn, this explains why I've been waiting for gate release since 30/08 .... hope they start getting some more parts in :p

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
for a company like ford and a flagship variant like the "ST" is, its so annoying to cut things like that "key budge"
i love my fiesta st, and i am happy with it. But i have to say the negatives not only the positives.
i am disapointed form ford as company! zero respect for her customers
my car came with the prefacelift users manual of mk8. when i asked for the new one they told me that they dont have it. ford didnt send it yet. For such a big company like ford these things are so annoying

sorry for my bad english
You are right about the lack of care and interest. But I do think you may be one of the last to actually be surprised by it 😄

The mood music of the preceding few months or so has given over to a full on extended middle finger since Ford unveiled their plans for their 'brave new electric world'.

Basically, if it ain't powered by batteries then Ford couldn't give two hoots. Flagship?, we're more of a stripped down hull taking up valuable space in the docks. They can't wait to tow HMS ST, HMS Fiesta and HMS Focus out to sea and scuttle the whole lot.

We are a heritage model in all but name now.

Just get on with it I say, 'piddle' or get off the pot. This thin lingering pretence of care and attention for the model fools no-one. It's more dignified to the proud legacy of the ST, the Fiesta and the Focus to say a big thanks and just execute them... leaving them to rot in a cell on meagre rations and ever diminishing interest levels is just disrespectful.

PS - My friend, make absolutely no apologies for your english. It is far far better than a few British members have managed recently 😳

·
Registered
65 Posts
Would have loved to have even received the Mk8 owners manual, I got a supplement slip for the couple new 8.5 features and told to download the app for the rest. Spent an hour fiddling around and just looking for stuff instead when I got the car home.

Didn't even get a service record book, I'm expected to ask for a digital printout of the online service record and store it folded up in the flappy bit of paper in the back page.

Will be picking up a proper service portfolio and pouch to pass on to the next owner, as there's no chance I'd buy a used car without it. Unbelievable owners of new cars are expected to do so, but their way of trying to push their own dealer servicing I suppose.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST2 MK 8.5 waiting
128 Posts
You are right about the lack of care and interest. But I do think you may be one of the last to actually be surprised by it 😄

The mood music of the preceding few months or so has given over to a full on extended middle finger since Ford unveiled their plans for their 'brave new electric world'.

Basically, if it ain't powered by batteries then Ford couldn't give two hoots. Flagship?, we're more of a stripped down hull taking up valuable space in the docks. They can't wait to tow HMS ST, HMS Fiesta and HMS Focus out to sea and scuttle the whole lot.

We are a heritage model in all but name now.

Just get on with it I say, 'piddle' or get off the pot. This thin lingering pretence of care and attention for the model fools no-one. It's more dignified to the proud legacy of the ST, the Fiesta and the Focus to say a big thanks and just execute them... leaving them to rot in a cell on meagre rations and ever diminishing interest levels is just disrespectful.

PS - My friend, make absolutely no apologies for your english. It is far far better than a few British members have managed recently 😳
Thank you for your kind words

I totally agree with your post
The only thing we can do for that is to give them a bad review
That's what I did when Ford motor Greece sent me an email to review my experience buying a new Ford.
When I sent them my negative review the next day they called me back to ask me why I reviewed them negatively. We was speaking like 1 hour, me explaining them why I am so disappointed. They couldn't argue with me.... The only thing they sayd was "yes you are right"

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Wow, that's refreshingly honest I suppose @BloodMage87. Even though nothing will ever change from it, good on them too for at least bothering to call in the first place and then investing the time to allow you to let off steam.

Usually nowadays it's the infuriating generic 'we are so sorry to hear our product did not leave you with complete satisfaction' email. No-one to rant at, no-one to tear a new one, just words. Worse still words that imply they only just fell short of complete satisfaction too... not the complete and utter cluster**** it actually was 😡

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
1,248 Posts
Wow, that's refreshingly honest I suppose @BloodMage87. Even though nothing will ever change from it, good on them too for at least bothering to call in the first place and then investing the time to allow you to let off steam.

Usually nowadays it's the infuriating generic 'we are so sorry to hear our product did not leave you with complete satisfaction' email. No-one to rant at, no-one to tear a new one, just words. Worse still words that imply they only just fell short of complete satisfaction too... not the complete and utter cluster**** it actually was 😡
Hi Keithson,
Thats the issue... staff in most customer service departments are viewed by most organisations as cannon fodder.... If as an alternative they had some power to say give an unsatisfied customer 10K worth of free fuel to compensate for their "S__T" service and then bill that 10k to the department responsible, someone within the organisation would take note.
Old management proverb - if it aint measured it aint managed. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It will only affect the warranty on suspension. If your engine blows up and you have Eibach's fitted (and no engine mods), the springs won't come in to play with the warranty on that.

·
Super Moderator
24,363 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Discretion of Ford. Anything that can be linked to a failure could void a warranty.

Lowered suspension will put a different kind of stress on the front drive shafts, which is linked to the gearbox...then the engine.

Yes, quite convoluted, but that's how a warranty claim would be reviewed unfortunately.

As ever, when it comes to modifying a new car, you have to accept and take responsibility for anything you want to change.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Good review! As the others have pointed out it should definitely have ST on the key, maybe that is a dealer oversight? It should have footwell lights too, my 8.5 certainly has. It is missing the cup holder lights, haven’t checked/noticed the door pockets though.

Does yours have lights next to the vanity mirrors in the sun visor? Again mine does, but I have seen it missing on a couple of the more recent 8.5’s.
Mine has the footwell lights but not the illuminated door pockets.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,291 Posts
As a side note , my Dec 2021 edition doesn't have all the previously fitted mood lighting, no door pocket or cup holder lights.

A mate of mines 2018 EcoSport has all the interior lighting and can pick a colour through the infotainment system. Was this a thing on earlier mk8s?

241 - 260 of 304 Posts