Fiesta ST Forums banner

381 - 400 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered 3dr mean green Feb 22. July dealer rang and said 3dr is cancelled😪 so 5dr no extra charge .picked mine up 12 Nov. Digital dash b&o matrix led . No folding mirrors .no one touch windows. No sunglass holder . No global closing and opening on windows. No subwoofer (surprised nobody's mentioned this) my mk8 had a subwoofer. I did get door card lights and footwell lights and wireless charging .no cup holder lights .The seats are a massive improvement over the mk8 seats much more comfortable and adjustable. My dealer told me that the matrix led and digital dash are not available anymore . View attachment 590128
Great looking car, I’m similar to yourself but in white. Meant to arrive at dealers this week. Did yours come with the latest SYNC or the down graded 2.5 ?

·
Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
54 Posts
I ordered 3dr mean green Feb 22. July dealer rang and said 3dr is cancelled😪 so 5dr no extra charge .picked mine up 12 Nov. Digital dash b&o matrix led . No folding mirrors .no one touch windows. No sunglass holder . No global closing and opening on windows. No subwoofer (surprised nobody's mentioned this) my mk8 had a subwoofer. I did get door card lights and footwell lights and wireless charging .no cup holder lights .The seats are a massive improvement over the mk8 seats much more comfortable and adjustable. My dealer told me that the matrix led and digital dash are not available anymore . View attachment 590128
that looks superb. I used to cry about having no 3 door option with the MK3 Focus RS, now i look at old 3 door fiestas like they are little vans, to me the 5 door looks far more balanced side on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pretty sure if you do not order the £600 sync3 with satnav or the £1000 sync3 with satnav and B&O upgrade , then you get basic analogue dash and no matrix led lights. I thought you get 'one shot' down with the elec windows but not one shot closing? Im not worried about global closing, Ive always been used to closing windows before I get out of a car. as for cup holder lights? who cares? Folding mirrors? I dont mind walking round and tucking a mirror in by hand when parking, and if electric mirrors are anything like the Focus RS ones that folk seem to say either squeak or pack up or get out of sync with each other, i will be just fine with non electric mirrors ! keep it simple !

·
Registered
68 Posts
The subwoofer I think is on the side of the boot or under the passenger seat... not usre which. The matrix LED are standard on the ST3 and the digi dash is an optional extra... so your dealer doesn't know much.
Definitely not in the boot .not checked under passenger seat . Will be interesting to see what happens with people who order the mk8.5 now if thay get the digital dash and matrix lights next year when its built . The dealer is extremely knowledgeable I can assure you of that

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pretty sure if you do not order the £600 sync3 with satnav or the £1000 sync3 with satnav and B&O upgrade , then you get basic analogue dash and no matrix led lights. I thought you get 'one shot' down with the elec windows but not one shot closing? Im not worried about global closing, Ive always been used to closing windows before I get out of a car. as for cup holder lights? who cares? Folding mirrors? I dont mind walking round and tucking a mirror in by hand when parking, and if electric mirrors are anything like the Focus RS ones that folk seem to say either squeak or pack up or get out of sync with each other, i will be just fine with non electric mirrors ! keep it simple
Pretty sure if you do not order the £600 sync3 with satnav or the £1000 sync3 with satnav and B&O upgrade , then you get basic analogue dash and no matrix led lights. I thought you get 'one shot' down with the elec windows but not one shot closing? Im not worried about global closing, Ive always been used to closing windows before I get out of a car. as for cup holder lights? who cares? Folding mirrors? I dont mind walking round and tucking a mirror in by hand when parking, and if electric mirrors are anything like the Focus RS ones that folk seem to say either squeak or pack up or get out of sync with each other, i will be just fine with non electric mirrors ! keep it simple !
I can live without the folding mirrors but not being heated is a joke .you are right the windows are one touch opening .my mk8 had folding mirrors and I never experienced any of the issues you mention. Lots of things missing 😕 on the mk8.5 from the mk8 like in the boot you used to have velcro straps and pocket to store things in .the netting on the rear of the fordperformance Seats looks really cheap.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Definitely not in the boot .not checked under passenger seat . Will be interesting to see what happens with people who order the mk8.5 now if thay get the digital dash and matrix lights next year when its built . The dealer is extremely knowledgeable I can assure you of that
If you order one now it's a case of "this is what's being built and what we're being allocated, take it or leave it" been that way for a while, it's Ford's answer to building as many as they can.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can live without the folding mirrors but not being heated is a joke .you are right the windows are one touch opening .my mk8 had folding mirrors and I never experienced any of the issues you mention. Lots of things missing 😕 on the mk8.5 from the mk8 like in the boot you used to have velcro straps and pocket to store things in .the netting on the rear of the fordperformance Seats looks really cheap.
Im pretty sure the mirrors are heated, its just that they are not powered.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
My Dec 2021 mk8 doesn't have velcro straps in the boot, never used them in my previous mk8.
Has everything else that matters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I poster this some time ago about the subwoofer: it’s there but behind the carpet on one side of the boot…

B&O SUB WOOFER RELOCATION

·
Registered
533 Posts
how has he got the reg before March 2023?
You can buy them 6 months before they’re released. They’ve got a small market as there’s not gonna be any ST2’s released in 2023 😂 so it’ll probably have to go on a Focus if they even have an st2 now.

What would’ve been better would be to wait and get ST72 CYL if he really wanted one to sell on… but even that’s a bit naff, not everyone will know it’s got a 3 cylinder engine or care 🙃 to each their own though

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can buy them 6 months before they’re released. They’ve got a small market as there’s not gonna be any ST2’s released in 2023 😂 so it’ll probably have to go on a Focus if they even have an st2 now.

What would’ve been better would be to wait and get ST72 CYL if he really wanted one to sell on… but even that’s a bit naff, not everyone will know it’s got a 3 cylinder engine or care 🙃 to each their own though
oh yes, just seen on DVLA website, never knew that, looks like they start at £400.00 I might have a search through !

381 - 400 of 420 Posts