Fiesta ST Forums banner
401 - 420 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
54 Posts
Mine was due for delivery this week. Just had an update from the dealer that there is issues with the trains at Dag Rail, now expecting delivery between 5th-10th December. The wait goes on...
if anything is worth having, its worth the waiting ! Maybe ask to have it Jan 1st 2023 registered instead of Dec 2022?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine was due for delivery this week. Just had an update from the dealer that there is issues with the trains at Dag Rail, now expecting delivery between 5th-10th December. The wait goes on...
I’m in the exact position as yourself. Contacted dealer last night as car was due on the 19th Nov, received the same answer but no update on delivery. Just Ford we’re looking at alternative transport. Getting rather annoying now as trade in price only guaranteed for November, seems like the dealers haven’t got a clue what’s happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone had any updates on orders/ delays etc. Mines due for build next week but dealer said not to get too excited
Yeah I had an update with expected production 14/12 and delivery to dealer expected 14/01. He said don’t take that as garantee because there is a bridge in Dagenham that has collapsed which is delaying delivery. So probably looking more like February?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
A bridge?... seriously?

Do they not have a business continuity plan that mitigates against one small stretch of Tarmac disrupting deliveries?

Global material cost hikes they can't control, global shortages of specific minerals and components they can't control, a global pandemic they can't control...

...but having more than entrance and/or delivery route they sure as hell can control.

Sack the contingency planner at Dagenham I say 🙄

·
Registered
49 Posts
My car has been sitting at Dagenham now for almost 2 weeks, supposedly waiting due to rail issues. Surely they can transport them by lorries. Have been extremely patience with Ford and dealer until this point, thru delayed order then change of order by Ford. Have got to the point now with this car I don’t know if I want it. I know it will arrive in the next week or two, it I had a confirmed build week of week 20, then it went all wrong. The dealer has now gone silent now as they have no info apart from its sitting in a compound in Dagenham. Ford and the dealerships are an absolute joke.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My car has been sitting at Dagenham now for almost 2 weeks, supposedly waiting due to rail issues. Surely they can transport them by lorries. Have been extremely patience with Ford and dealer until this point, thru delayed order then change of order by Ford. Have got to the point now with this car I don’t know if I want it. I know it will arrive in the next week or two, it I had a confirmed build week of week 20, then it went all wrong. The dealer has now gone silent now as they have no info apart from its sitting in a compound in Dagenham. Ford and the dealerships are an absolute joke.
What exactly do you want the dealer to do? it is not their responsibility to collect the car from Dagenham, it is Ford who deliver. The dealer has nothing new to tell you.. so they’re not.

I get the frustration that it’s not at your dealer yet.. but it’s outside of their control and it’s down to Ford and their resources (or lack of) at Dagenham.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What exactly do you want the dealer to do? it is not their responsibility to collect the car from Dagenham, it is Ford who deliver. The dealer has nothing new to tell you.. so they’re not.

I get the frustration that it’s not at your dealer yet.. but it’s outside of their control and it’s down to Ford and their resources (or lack of) at Dagenham.
My car sat gathering dust in Dagenham for 5-6 weeks 😂 My dealer had no idea of delivery dates,then the transporter just turns up unexpectedly one day… well worth the wait though.

·
Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
54 Posts
Just hang on in there ! a couple more weeks is nothing in the big scheme of things. I waited 8 months for my Focus RS, then when it arrived a week before Christmas i said to the dealer " hang on, I think I may as well have it registered as a 2017 rather than a 2016" then i thought ' oh, may as well have it on a 17 plate rather than a 66 plate, so waited until March 1st and happy days well worth the wait. That was nearly 6 years ago, its flown by, so just a few more weeks for you is no biggy, I'm sure the car will be well worth it ! Think of that 'new car smell' for a start !

·
Registered
49 Posts

Communication is key the silence is the killer. I have a worse situation with VW at the same time. By the time the other car is delivered will be almost 2 years, but the difference is the way it is handled by the dealership.
Yes it will be worth it in the end I know that, my current mk8 now up past 65000 miles (I use this as a daily driver).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Communication is key the silence is the killer. I have a worse situation with VW at the same time. By the time the other car is delivered will be almost 2 years, but the difference is the way it is handled by the dealership.
Yes it will be worth it in the end I know that, my current mk8 now up past 65000 miles (I use this as a daily driver).
Comms is key yes when they have something to tell you, what’s the point of them calling, emailing, whatever when it’s not changed? They will no doubt be doing stuff in the background, just as any savvy dealer will have been doing, but if there’s nothing to tell you then there’s nothing to tell you, don’t get angry with your dealer or sales person when they’ll be just as frustrated as you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Comms is key yes when they have something to tell you, what’s the point of them calling, emailing, whatever when it’s not changed? They will no doubt be doing stuff in the background, just as any savvy dealer will have been doing, but if there’s nothing to tell you then there’s nothing to tell you, don’t get angry with your dealer or sales person when they’ll be just as frustrated as you.
That is a personnel option, I personally prefer to be kept in touch with. I say this as I do this in my work & customers prefer that up date even tho the news hasn’t changed. It shows that they haven’t been forgotten about. Keeping a customer updated even tho no news has changed is a very good way of keeping a future relationship, I have found this and have kept good relationships with the same customers for years.
Never said anything about getting angry with the salesman or dealer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That is a personnel option, I personally prefer to be kept in touch with. I say this as I do this in my work & customers prefer that up date even tho the news hasn’t changed. It shows that they haven’t been forgotten about. Keeping a customer updated even tho no news has changed is a very good way of keeping a future relationship, I have found this and have kept good relationships with the same customers for years.
Never said anything about getting angry with the salesman or dealer.
Tell your salesman that then, I’m sure they’ll be happy to oblige. How do they know this if you don’t tell them?

Refer to your post I originally quoted - “Ford and dealerships are a joke”

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tell your salesman that then, I’m sure they’ll be happy to oblige. How do they know this if you don’t tell them?

Refer to your post I originally quoted - “Ford and dealerships are a joke”
I’m not getting into a ‘he said she said with you’ on this subject. But they have been a joke over the mk 8.5, originally ordering a 3 dr and it being changed to a 5 dr. The communication over this has been comical. Combined they have been very poor, angry with them no. If I was angry I would have taken my business else where.

401 - 420 of 420 Posts