Fiesta ST Forums banner
461 - 480 of 535 Posts

· Registered
2,873 Posts
I'm fully prepared to stand corrected but doesn't Sync 2.5 lack something like the 'live traffic' overlay on the Sat Nav?

Whatever it is I think the 2.5 is more than just being an older version, I'm sure its missing something too 🤔
My live traffic on the nav has just expired. Only "free" for 12 months on my car. £4 per month to continue. I'll stick with Android Auto and Google thanks.

· Registered
19 Posts
When I first put an order in with dealer in August I asked for the digi dash b&o option which was £1025 but ford were not taking orders at that time. In October when dealer rang to say it could now be ordered with ford we went back through the order and even though it was on the system it would not add it to the car. I ended up with the dash/ Nav £600 option. As previously said. I think it's pot luck what bits they have at time of ordering.
have you taken delivery or is it due soon?

· Registered
17 Posts
Sorry. It was due at dealers this Friday but latest update it is now due at dealers 11th February. I'm not getting too excited as it could possibly change again. And on the print out from ford I noticed it said off line which I don't know if that means off production line for some reason

· Registered
19 Posts
Sorry. It was due at dealers this Friday but latest update it is now due at dealers 11th February. I'm not getting too excited as it could possibly change again. And on the print out from ford I noticed it said off line which I don't know if that means off production line for some reason
fingers crossed it comes soon for you and all the logistical issues at the ports are solved!

· Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
112 Posts
has anyone got the dealer diamondbrite creamic coating? Dealer offered it for free as me and my mate are doing a double handover of our identical ST-3's and they want some marketing material
yeah probably alright innit. You are bound to get the real fussy mob come along in a minute and say " no, I would want my car decontaminated, clay bar'd blah blah blah etc before having any ceramic coating applied" you would have to hope they have someone who knows what he is doing applying it. I'd go for it.

· Registered
627 Posts
has anyone got the dealer diamondbrite creamic coating? Dealer offered it for free as me and my mate are doing a double handover of our identical ST-3's and they want some marketing material
Personally I’d never pay for it from a dealer. My car has GuardX but that is because the original buyer wanted it on, it was applied before I said I’d have the car so I got it FOC. I plan later in the year possibly having it done myself.

It’s all down to personal preference though, if you and your friend want it then get it.

· Super Moderator
30,745 Posts
yeah probably alright innit. You are bound to get the real fussy mob come along in a minute and say " no, I would want my car decontaminated, clay bar'd blah blah blah etc before having any ceramic coating applied" you would have to hope they have someone who knows what he is doing applying it. I'd go for it.
True, but that's exactly the kind of person who has such products applied, so it makes sense to want it applied to near perfect paint.

Would do my head in if it was swirled and marred but all sealed up and impossible to rectify without removing the protective layer.

· Registered
627 Posts
My dealer has two cars available, if anyone is after one send me a DM and I’ll put you in touch with my sales guy next week when he’s back in.
See specs below.

First come first served, I’ll be putting this on Facebook groups too
Font Rectangle Terrestrial plant Circle Parallel

· Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
112 Posts
My dealer has two cars available, if anyone is after one send me a DM and I’ll put you in touch with my sales guy next week when he’s back in.
See specs below.

First come first served, I’ll be putting this on Facebook groups too
View attachment 590835
there available because every one wants mean green !! :cool:

· Registered
1,675 Posts
They're available because they're 'kin expensive in a hard financial climate. The original customers bailed because of that cost and/or the inordinate length of time Ford took to make them.

All fully understandable so well done to the hardy bunch still hanging in there 👏🏻

· Registered
627 Posts
They're available because they're 'kin expensive in a hard financial climate. The original customers bailed because of that cost and/or the inordinate length of time Ford took to make them.

All fully understandable so well done to the hardy bunch still hanging in there 👏🏻
Either that or they’re cars that Ford are building anyway as part of their new ‘ordering’ system, where they build cars for dealers and it’s a case of this is what you’re getting, end of discussion

· Registered
19 Posts
True, but that's exactly the kind of person who has such products applied, so it makes sense to want it applied to near perfect paint.

Would do my head in if it was swirled and marred but all sealed up and impossible to rectify without removing the protective layer.
this is more what I was worried about, will they take proper care if done for free…

· Registered
18 Posts
Well l pick up a MK8-5 at the end of this month its the Mrs car but to be honest I'll be driving it most of the time as she works from home I cancelled my RS3 Vorsprung Saloon order recently after waiting over 15 months and still no confirmed build week anyways really looking forward to driving the new Fiesta MK8-5
As for what color? we had a choice of was either agate black or frozen White Frozen won black is too much hard work
Car comes with the winter pack and Sync 3 we had no input in the spec take it or leave it we where told Ford sales are so dreadful nothing changes in this respect

· Registered
627 Posts
Well l pick up a MK8-5 at the end of this month its the Mrs car but to be honest I'll be driving it most of the time as she works from home I cancelled my RS3 Vorsprung Saloon order recently after waiting over 15 months and still no confirmed build week anyways really looking forward to driving the new Fiesta MK8-5
As for what color? we had a choice of was either agate black or frozen White Frozen won black is too much hard work
Car comes with the winter pack and Sync 3 we had no input in the spec take it or leave it we where told Ford sales are so dreadful nothing changes in this respect
100%, if I could afford it I'd take the RS3.. especially in a saloon. Unfortunately not in the position just yet to get a car of that calibre. Bit of a dream car for me, would have to be in manual though.

You'll enjoy the ST though, mines a keeper until it has to go for a house purchase whenever that will be (not just yet....). I agree on the black, had 2 black cars, admittedly the second wasn't washed that well before I had it so was full of swirl marks, then I went molten orange and now green, white isn't my favourite either but imo better than black!

In regards to the spec, it's what Ford decided in order to build as many cars as they could, I think the one I ordered took around 9-10 months to get built, and that was after it got changed to a 5 door, which is a shame as people can't spec it to their liking anymore, but the only option you're missing in the B&O (unless that comes with Sync 3? Not entirely sure now since they changed the options)

461 - 480 of 535 Posts