Fiesta ST Forums banner

MK8.5 ORDER UPDATES ONLY

94K views 742 replies 92 participants last post by  TRiBaL 
#1 ·
A new tread regarding the Fiesta MK 8.5.

Feel free to post updates about your order or “rumours” about the Fiesta MK 8.5.

Please stay on topic so the thread doesn’t get shut down!

#7 ·
I had an ST-2 in Mean Green on order from 31st Jan this year. It was due to be built in May for delivery in July, however mid July this was pushed out to a build date in August, delivery for new reg in September. Fast forward to last week and I received a phone call from the dealer advising Ford could no longer build the ST-2 and they were upgrading my order to an ST-3 for the same price. I double checked with them that it would be the ST-3 spec as per the brochure on the Ford website and was assured it would be. (y):)

We'll see if the build date actually comes to fruition this time or will be pushed out again due to part shortages. Luckily i'm in no rush on my current deal.... :confused:

#8 ·
Ordered an ST3 on 30.12.2021. Had at least 4 build dates for my 3 door version. Eventually a weeka go got told sorry no more 3 doors anymore! Cancelled order, bought a used 19 plate instead. Dealer still trying to convince me could have a demonstrator 3 door once built in August. Why would Ford build a 3 door demonstrator when no one can buy a 3 door new anymore?

#9 ·
It will have been ordered as the dealer demo, and it will no doubt be VOW, so it'll be part built but just waiting on other parts.. assuming it is actually part built. My dealer has had a few 3 doors come in / coming in that were ordered / allocated as the demos but they've since sold.

#10 ·
I’ve officially cancelled my order from February. It was going to be a 3dr ST3 in Agate Black. All it’s ever had is a rolling estimated build date so there’s no chance of it being built as a 3dr.

However…. I have put a deposit down on a fully loaded Mean Green 3dr complete with pano roof which funnily enough was going to be a demonstrator (it did occur to me that they’d be better off with a 5dr at this point anyway). It’s a VOW so should hopefully arrive in September. :)

A quick shout out for @ydnA who put me in touch with the dealer in the first instance, cheers! (y)

#11 ·
Feels like all you British people can have the car whenever you want to 😜 I would have bought one in a heartbeat if their where anyone up for sale in Denmark. Haven’t even heard about anyone in my country receiving a normal MK 8.5 yet. I honestly don’t believe that Ford is gonna be able to provide me the car pr 9/9-22 as the contract says. Guess it will arrive in the beginnings of the next year :) The seller don’t know anything as in anything at all..

#12 ·
ST3 Mk 8.5 5 door recipient here in Australia. Ordered Mk 8 in August 2021, found out order cancelled and switched up to Mk 8.5 in December (thanks to this forum I knew before dealer) and delivered in June 2022. ST3 5 door with B&O sound only spec available here in Oz, only options supposed to be paint and roof. Krauts messed up at the Cologne factory and the first 70-odd built and delivered to Oz were without B&O, mine included. After almost two months with it I couldn't care less, it's hilarious fun and I can deal with the facelift front and seats (which made me cringe in photos - much better in person, I can easily live with them). Came from Hyundai i30N, no regrets. Hope you all get yours soon and enjoy it as much as I do mine, worth the 11 month wait for sure.

#172 ·
My Fiesta Mk8.5 order has been confirmed by the Ford dealer and Ford Australia with order number etc....
Due 31/12/22. Keeping my fingers crossed....I suspect this will be the last ship to Oz carrying a small batch of Fists.
Notified that my allocated car wont have the folding mirrors with all the other integrated mirror goodies (as per my current Fiesta ST Mk8 which I purchased 2 years ago), due to ongoing supply issues.
The compensation for this is $250 Master Card (Not what I would call a demonstration of valuing customers / customer loyalty).

#18 ·
Best option for that is for you (or someone else) to ask their sales person to ask Ford for an update on their order, mine has done this on several occasions for other customers of his, and albeit sometimes the answers from Ford aren’t worth your time reading, at least it is an update.

If you don’t want to wait for yours to be built, check out the below autotrader link, if any of these match your build (or new preferences) and they’re within your dealership group.. ask your salesman to do a dealer transfer. I did that, got my 3 door + an extra sunroof I didn’t originally spec and it’s sitting waiting in the showroom for me, always worth a try.

#19 ·
I placed an order for an ST3 5 Door in Magnetic with the Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, B&O System and the ST Spare Wheel in January 2022. I was told that the estimated delivery date was the end of April 2022.

The dealer called at the start of April and said it would be with them at the end of the month. April came and went and no car arrived.

They called again in May and June saying the war in Ukraine was causing parts issues as some components were made there. Two weeks ago they called me again to say it should be built in August.

Since then I've seen the reports of changes to specification which I raised with the dealer and they couldn't confirm if I'd get the specification that I ordered.

I then came to the hard decision that I'd cancel my order given the delays and they couldn't confirm if I'd get specification that I originally ordered. The dealer understood why I was cancelling and said that they were now "estimating a build date of December 2022, if they have enough bits".

#20 ·
I placed an order for an ST3 5 Door in Magnetic with the Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, B&O System and the ST Spare Wheel in January 2022. I was told that the estimated delivery date was the end of April 2022.

The dealer called at the start of April and said it would be with them at the end of the month. April came and went and no car arrived.

They called again in May and June saying the war in Ukraine was causing parts issues as some components were made there. Two weeks ago they called me again to say it should be built in August.

Since then I've seen the reports of changes to specification which I raised with the dealer and they couldn't confirm if I'd get the specification that I ordered.

I then came to the hard decision that I'd cancel my order given the delays and they couldn't confirm if I'd get specification that I originally ordered. The dealer understood why I was cancelling and said that they were now "estimating a build date of December 2022, if they have enough bits".
That is absolutely insane. Admittedly as far as I know you wouldn’t get the Pan roof, it’s no longer an option on the Fiesta and isn’t getting put on any new builds. There was talk that the spare wheel was causing a delay for some reason 🤷🏻‍♂️ Completely get why you’ve cancelled. If you want I could put you in touch with my salesman to see if my original order is available? They might be able to change the colour on it. 5 door, (currently) green, b&o with winter pack. Last I heard it was due for build on 31/08.

#29 ·
Just had my monthly update from my dealer which said that Ford are promising delivery of all preordered ST's in September...... Yay

He also suggested I take that with a huge pinch of salt... Boo

If the delivery spec of the car that i ordered changes once again to my detriment I'm sacking the order. Yes I know Ford don't care but hey :rolleyes:

#34 ·
Hello all, i managed to get onto an existing allocation at the start of March 2022. We only get one spec in Australia which is the equivalent of ST-3 with every box ticked. Was originally given a delivery date of Late Q3 or Q4 2022.

I was surprised a couple months ago when my dealer told me he had a delivery date of September 10, even more surprised after he called me today and told me the car is supposed to be arriving at dealer in a couple weeks

Am quite happy i didn't cancel my order after the factory stuffed and forgot to install the B&O sound system, as the FiST will no longer be sold in Australia after the last few orders have been delivered,

Will be a rare site to see another in the wild

#35 ·
Hello all, i managed to get onto an existing allocation at the start of March 2022. We only get one spec in Australia which is the equivalent of ST-3 with every box ticked. Was originally given a delivery date of Late Q3 or Q4 2022.

I was surprised a couple months ago when my dealer told me he had a delivery date of September 10, even more surprised after he called me today and told me the car is supposed to be arriving at dealer in a couple weeks

Am quite happy i didn't cancel my order after the factory stuffed and forgot to install the B&O sound system, as the FiST will no longer be sold in Australia after the last few orders have been delivered,

Will be a rare site to see another in the wild
Is it a mean green? I think 99% are green in the UK, 😆

#38 ·
Well I have had a text to Confirm my ST I ordered 05/06/2021 has been built and left the factory. I was one of the 1st of August reopen builds so looks like the factory is up and running again guys! Anyone else waiting I would check in with your dealer if you have been given same build date. Week ending the 27th it should be at dealer :)

#49 ·
Probably intentional to put people off speccing it. You can bet your bottom dollar, two identical orders but one has Sync 3, the one with Sync 2 will get built a hell of a lot faster than the one with Sync 3. At the moment, what are people more likely to take / order? One that'll be built in a few months or one that will potentially take 6+?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.