Fiesta ST Forums banner

MK8 Head unit freezing/locking up?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jorg 
#1 ·
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Twice in the last week my 'Infotainment' head unit has frozen, in so much as I've been unable to do anything with it as it doesn't respond to the touch screen or conventional control buttons.

Last time it even stayed on after the car switched off and locked, this time it was just silent which as I was only going a short distance didn't bother me.

I'll see what it does when I go out tomorrow morning?

It also did something similar a while back, which I hoped was an isolated incident, but seemingly it's not.

One of the Toyota HiLux pick ups had to go away to have it's 'head unit' sorted out after that locked up and then died, but that well over 6 years old, not 9 1/2 months old!

#3 ·
Solution I have make in Workshop. I cut the carpet a little bit out, and then re-routing the harness for the amplifier deeper to the ground,and secure the harness with plastic cable tie on the carpet.

In one case 2 fuses were blown, for the power 12 Volt for B&O Amplifier Sound System

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.