Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I may as well show you my last two cars before I get into talking anymore about the ST.

First off I had a Renault Clio R27, this was a limited-edition Clio 197 which I'd tuned and modified quite a lot. This was my first hot hatch and I loved the car for the four years I owned it.

leo1.jpg

Next up I had a Peugeot 208 GTI 30th Edition, this was pretty much what Peugeot were to later call the Peugeot Sport. The car was great handling and had the added bonus of a limited slip diff, but to get the most out of it you had to drive the car on the ragged edge all the time.

ari1.jpg

I was really enjoying the ownership of the 208, but I woke up one Saturday morning and decided I fancied a change. So, I started looking around to see what hot hatches were on offer in Northern Ireland and I quickly bumped into the Ford Fiesta ST's. There were a few high mileage ones on offer as well as a couple with very low mileage. So, I decided I would go for a test drive and see what I thought of them, that way I could decide it they were for me or a waste of time.

The first dealer I went to were a complete waste of time, the sales man I spoke to couldn't decide if the car a ST3 in Spirit Blue was for sale or not (even though it was advertised) and eventually when he decided it was, he couldn't find the keys. So, I moved quickly onto the next dealer, where the salesman and staff couldn't have been more helpful. The had a low mileage ST2 in Molten Orange for sale and were able to answer any questions I had and were quite happy to take me for a test drive. After a short test drive, I decided I liked the car and knew it was for me. When we returned to the dealership we talked the figures and I told the sales man, I would let him know it a couple of days what I wanted to do. I had another dealer to stop at on my way home, so we called in there to see what figures they were talking, because they had a car which was pretty much identical to the one I had just test driven. After quite a long wait I the dealership I finally got speaking to a sales man and told him what I was after. He was working his sums out when my phone rang and it was the second sales man again. He was keen to push the sale over the line so sharpened his figures a bit and the deal was struck.

Of course, as soon as the deal was struck I started searching around the internet to see what forums were available for other Fiesta ST enthusiasts, and that's when I stumbled across this forum. It didn't take me long to find the projects forum as well as the MK ST discussion forum. I started reading through the articles and so my shopping list started to take shape.

A couple of days later I went paid for and picked up the ST, all of which went very smoothly. The car had 3005 miles on the clock when I was leaving the dealership.

40.jpg

29.jpg

Being new to the Fiesta I didn't want to push it too hard from the word go as I knew it would be different from the 208 to drive.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Soon after getting Monty home I gave him his first proper wash. I knew there were lots of areas that the dealer hadn't really paid attention to when they were getting the car ready for me, such as the wheels and brake callipers.

10.jpg

4.jpg

I started off by covering the car in BiltHamber Snow Foam to help break down what dirt there was on the car/wheels.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Of course, I use the two-bucket technique. The was bucket having BiltHamber Auto-Wash in and the rinse bucket having clean water to wash the wash mitt in.

8.jpg

As for the wash mitt, I was using my Microfibre Madness Incredimitt. This is by far the best mitt I've used to date.

9.jpg

As you can see, even though the car had been cleaned by the dealer, even after a short drive home the water didn't take long get very dirty.

11.jpg

I knew it was due to rain later in the afternoon so I wasn't too fused about drying the car off, but I'm still over the moon with how well its looking.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

While cleaning the car I noticed that the tail pipe could do with a quick polish up.

16.jpg

I used Autosol and it didn't take long to get it looking how it should be.

17.jpg

I've been looking at the car a lot over the last could of days and I feel the ST badge on the back get a bit lost against the orange of the car, so I'll have to have a bit of a think about changing the colours of the badge.

25.jpg

When driving home from the dealership after picking the car up, I noticed the parcel shelf was vibrating a bit, when I got home I had a look at what was causing this and I found that one of the clips on the shelf was missing. I went onto eBay and ordered a replacement, within a couple of days it was here.

26.jpg

My first proper mod for the car has also arrived. It's a Black Ramair Silicone Induction Intake Pipe, purchased from RamAir on eBay.

30.jpg

I haven't fitted the pipe as yet, as I'm waiting for the weather to improve so I can spend a day give the car some care and attention.

Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More new arrivals in the post today as I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can get out and spend some time cleaning and polishing the car properly.

The touch-up paint is finally here, hopefully I'll not be needing it anytime soon though lol.

41.jpg

Some goodies from the boys at PolishedBliss

35.jpg

New bulbs, although to be honest I think the headlights are great with the standard bulbs. So, I can't wait to see the difference these make.

38.jpg

49.jpg

A cubby hole filler. This was purchased from 3D Hub for less than £6. I couldn't believe I was able to find it so cheap, considering some of the ones on eBay are selling for north of £20.

39.jpg

I just need to decide what way I want to cover the filler now. Should I leave it as is, or maybe put a logo of some sort on it?

As always thanks for reading.

·
Registered
25 Posts
More new arrivals in the post today as I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can get out and spend some time cleaning and polishing the car properly.

The touch-up paint is finally here, hopefully I'll not be needing it anytime soon though lol.

41.jpg

Some goodies from the boys at PolishedBliss

35.jpg

New bulbs, although to be honest I think the headlights are great with the standard bulbs. So, I can't wait to see the difference these make.

38.jpg

49.jpg

A cubby hole filler. This was purchased from 3D Hub for less than £6. I couldn't believe I was able to find it so cheap, considering some of the ones on eBay are selling for north of £20.

39.jpg

I just need to decide what way I want to cover the filler now. Should I leave it as is, or maybe put a logo of some sort on it?

As always thanks for reading.
Questionsssssss

Cubby hole filler???? Is that the little tiny bit on the center console which is absolutely effing useless for anything except MAYBE a shopping trolley coin, as I found out recently :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Questionsssssss

Cubby hole filler???? Is that the little tiny bit on the center console which is absolutely effing useless for anything except MAYBE a shopping trolley coin, as I found out recently :biggrin:
Lol yea thats the one :rofl:

Welcome Jmax, Hope youre enjoying your new pocket rocket! :)
Yea I'm loving it. Hardly driven it since getting it though as I'm waiting on a bloody registration number change :angry:

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I knew I recognised the name and then I saw the 197. I used enjoyed the thread on it that you posted on French Cars Ireland.

How are you finding the new shampoo? Gyeon seem to be getting quite popular lately, or else I've only started taking notice of them again recently.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whaaaaat!? I want one. Where did you find it? Or did you make it? I hope not the latter, unless you plan on making this a business venture.. :whistle:
I got it made for me, although having seen it being done I am tempted to start doing it myself if there was enough interest. Heres a link to the ones on eBay... Click Here

I knew I recognised the name and then I saw the 197. I used enjoyed the thread on it that you posted on French Cars Ireland.

How are you finding the new shampoo? Gyeon seem to be getting quite popular lately, or else I've only started taking notice of them again recently.
I haven't tried the new shampoo yet, however I have used the Bathe+ in the past and it was awesome. This ones a bit more price friendly and is just a pure shampoo, no added wax or anything in it, which will suit me fine when I get the car polished and waxed.

I loved the thread on the 197, hopefully this one will be just as good, if not better :)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I decided to change the ST logo on the rear of the car to black, and this morning the graphics to do this arrived from DMB Graphics.

58.jpg

I just need to get the car washed and prepped now so I can get them applied.

Yesterday during a brief dry spell, I decided I would fit the Ramair Silicone Induction Intake Pipe.

50.jpg

51.jpg

55.jpg

Fitted and good to go.

62.jpg

Last night I was having a think about the cubby hole and filler.

This is what the useless cubby hole looks like.

63.jpg

I've pretty much narrowed down the ideas for the cubby hole filler to the following…

Leave it the way it's finished now…

64.jpg

Paint it Molten Orange to match the car and then maybe add my reg number?

65.jpg

The Mountune Logo

66.jpg

or the ST Logo

67.jpg

The ST logo would be my least favourite of the picks, because I feel there's already enough of them in the car and another might just be over kill.

What do you all think?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think mountune one if you add the flag as well. Get some mouton mods and it will really suit it :)

Love the story I also had a 208 gti 30th which I took as far as stage 2 with AmD. Black and red one!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I think mountune one if you add the flag as well. Get some mouton mods and it will really suit it :)

Love the story I also had a 208 gti 30th which I took as far as stage 2 with AmD. Black and red one!
Ah cool, I still have a coupe franche 30th. There might be mountune stuff going on down the line, but not sure how much I want to advertise the face its tuned.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Time to change the headlight bulbs

38.jpg

49.jpg

As you can see there really isn't much room to get my hands in to either remove or replace the bulbs, on either side of the car.

53.jpg

54.jpg

Solution…

57.jpg

59.jpg

I found removing the headlights was by far the easiest and least fidgety way to replace the bulbs. Three screws and they were out.

Of course, when they were out I had a look around for anything I could clean that I wouldn't normally have access to.

60.jpg

So, the water bottle got a bit of a spruce up lol.

61.jpg

Everything back in place now.

69.jpg

I look forward to seeing what difference the blubs make as I thought the headinghts were already pretty good.

Thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Great write up - how does the Fiesta compare to the Pug??
I haven't really driven the Fiesta enough to compare them @Oppolocksmith. Early impressions are though that the Fiesta just begs to be driven harder than the Pug. It with the diff and a bit more power just seemed so at ease when being pushed on a bit.

I'll give a better idea when I've driven the Fiesta more though.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Unfortunately with the snow pretty much falling every day at the moment, progress on Monty has been slowed a bit.

75.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

I can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive so I can get some cleaning time.

When I was working away in the engine bay last week, I did notice these marks on the engine cover...

51.jpg

52.jpg

I have tried various ways to try and remove them, but nothing seems to shift them. I was wondering, I know a lot of people have painted their engine covers, but has anyone tried wrapping them in vinyl?

Thanks for reading as always.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts