Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently fitted an induction kit to my Fiesta St mk8.5
I’ve always had the performance details on which show oil temp, boost etc. The boost on stock air-box always maxed out at 15 psi. I’ve never seen it go above that.
Now after installing the induction kit, it now boosts all the way to 21psi according to the performance stats computer. I know that the induction kit allows for more air, which makes sense why the boost has increased.
Does an induction kit normally increase boost? As I thought this is capped by the computer in the car.
There is also no EML lights or any errors popping up on the dash.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,288 Posts
I'd be surprised if it adds any boost pressure as it's electronically controlled, certainly not that amount regardless.
But it depends on the sensor and position of it of what it's actually reading and how it translates that information to how accurate it is.
A mechanical vac) pressure gauge plumbed in after the throttle body would show a more accurate measurement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be surprised if it adds any boost pressure as it's electronically controlled, certainly not that amount regardless.
But it depends on the sensor and position of it of what it's actually reading and how it translates that information to how accurate it is.
A mechanical vac) pressure gauge plumbed in after the throttle body would show a more accurate measurement.
Someone mentioned on another post in a different place that it could be boosting more to achieve the required torque. But that sounds like a bunch of nonsense, why would a cone foam filter reduce the amount of torque.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,288 Posts
Certainly sounds like nonsense.

I'm fairly sure stock boost is around 20 PSI on these things, maybe you had an issue previously which has now gone with changing the intake. Possible air leak, although I'd expect that to be after the turbo not before with the lower boost pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts