Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

I've started a few threads before on exhausts & what's the best to go for for power increase. However I've come into a fair bit of money that I never expected, so I've decided rather than just get a manifold & exhaust system, i wanna try & push to 200bhp or as close to it keeping it n/a. Looking at the mountune 185 kit, & working it all out. I've taken a look at the leaderboard as well for ideas.

Has anyone on here got the 185 kit, if so is it worth it? Any other suggestions on how to best hit this target would be appreciated.

The reason the mountune kit is so appealing is being based up Inverness getting it oredered & fitted through the ford dealership is definitely the easiest option.

Any suggestions/help would be awesome

Cheers

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Mountune 185 is fantastic. Transforms the car. The exhaust isnt overly loud, it "suits" the car really, any louder and it looks like your trying too hard. The 200 kit Mountune will be doing soon, will only be available at Mountune's Brentwood Essex site i believe, as it isn't a official Ford upgrade. But then you could always turn it into a "holiday" coming down south to get that done and seeing a few sights on the way back

I done a lot of things to my car before going to Mountune and would never go back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one, thanks for the reply mate, sounds really good!
Only thing power wise done to my ST is a k&n that the previous owner had on, other than that i've lowered it.
Really tempted to go for it just to push it on a level.

I wish i could blag the time off work for a proper road trip ! If only

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Mountune is definitely worth it.

It's pricey but you never hear a bad word said about it. The exhaust is load, but only when you put your foot down. It's fine at motorway speeds and isn't loud when you're just cruising through towns. But put your foot down and it sounds mental, a well timed blip of throttle on down shifts and you'll get one massive bang from the exhaust, or just shift normally and tickle the clutch it'll pop loads and sound like WW3 going on out back!

There are lots of other alternatives to easily hit 185bhp. Pretty much the same kit that you'd get from Mountune but get it all from different suppliers. Only thing is then you have to get it all fitted by someone which can get pricey. You'll have quite a one off car though and can tailor it to exactly what you want, which is a big reason as to why some people steer clear of Mountune. There's no way I can do the mods myself though, I just wanted Mountune to do it all for me at once so went straight to them.

14 months later still love it as much as the first day driving back from Mountune HQ

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
same 185 kit was the best thing ive done to the car! punches above its wait! just been waiting forever and a day plus some for this new inlet, i think (guesing) mountune have been stumped by the sudden rise in the 60m throttle bodie! duno y im complaining havent got a working car to fit it to atm anyway :/

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
It is a good package,well worth the money.

I would get it if I started all over again,then supercharge...

Very good drive in drive out package.

MUCH better then any Pumaspeed/Pumabuild kit.IMO!

Lee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses lads

Mountune seems the easiest way to go, having to order all the separate parts & pay highland shipping prices would add up a fair bit.

This has just made up my mind for me

·
Registered
151 Posts
The 185 kit wont dissapoint. Going from a 150 to a MT185 you will barely notice the torque loss at around 3k. 5-7k is sweet on the 185.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Going straight to 185 is the way to do it.

It's what I did and you don't notice any difference in low down torque, but you'll notice a lack of torque if you go from 165 to 185 I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts