Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted a Mountune panel filter today. Superb service and the item itself was well packaged and looks great. Took all of 2 minutes to fit too. Alone, I know it probably doesn’t do a lot. They have a few goodies on their website I’ll purchase and finish with the m235 map. I’ve noticed they have options on the map to include some of the said goodies via the app so I’ll see how that comes along. Watch this space.
Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mountune is a good option, but beware - once you start, this gets a bit addictive!
Well I don’t have any other hobbies. Though I really want a Caterham 7 so I shouldn’t bother spending on the Ford!! But I’ve never ‘tuned’ a car I’ve owned and being that I’ve had 56 or so cars and I’m now 41, what better place to start! The Caterham will still come soon 😁

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Well I don’t have any other hobbies. Though I really want a Caterham 7 so I shouldn’t bother spending on the Ford!! But I’ve never ‘tuned’ a car I’ve owned and being that I’ve had 56 or so cars and I’m now 41, what better place to start! The Caterham will still come soon 😁
I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ but don’t forget to declare ALL mods with your insurance company 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I am running m235 with just the mountune panel filter in the stock airbox for now and it works perfectly fine. Probably still have a little performance left on the table until I get round to fitting the upgraded box but had zero issues so far

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am running m235 with just the mountune panel filter in the stock airbox for now and it works perfectly fine. Probably still have a little performance left on the table until I get round to fitting the upgraded box but had zero issues so far
Indeed you shouldn’t have any issues. Even with the m260 map, Mountune say you won’t do any damage without fitting the recommended intercooler, for example. The map will compensate and you just won’t see the full performance benefit (probably only in hot weather in the case of the intercooler).
So nothing wrong with just fitting the panel filter with m235 (in my opinion) you just may not see the full benefit of the map. On the other hand, if you’re paying £600 for the map, then I personally think paying the extra for the air box that the map is designed to integrate with, is money well spent.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Yeah, the only reason I haven't changed the intake yet is I am waiting to move to a cheaper insurer. Weirdly I could declare the map and panel filter for very little cost, but as soon as I mentioned replacing the intake they started jacking the quote up significantly.

Also, it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but if you ask Mountune they will sell you an intake without the panel filter if you already have one. Or if you have the money just go for the carbon intake as it looks really smart

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eeeeeeek. Look what came today all nicely boxed and packaged
Rectangle Shipping box Bumper Font Automotive exterior

Being that it was late afternoon I’ve not got the data from Mountune yet for the map. No dramas, it gave me time to fit the hardware goodies.
Font Auto part Gas Rectangle Bumper

Rectangle Household hardware Material property Office equipment Gas

Again, these items were beautifully boxed and packaged. Now it took about an hour to change the air box and for the elbow. I’m pretty novice with this sort of stuff so I was a little scared to use anything more than a gentle pull on removing some hoses/clips but fear not, all went well.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Hand Finger Household hardware Gas Auto part

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive super charger part Automotive air manifold Nut

So a couple of questions to you all. I’ve fitted the secondary air feed in behind the left side fog light. How do you get it to stay in place without potentially covering the inlet completely on the bumper (like when you Hoover attachment gets fully blocked and the motor increases in noise)? I don’t have access under my car and couldn’t get my hands in to tie wrap it anywhere. What have you all done with this?

Hopefully my map file will arrive tomorrow and I can get that uploaded. In the meantime, I will take the car for a good spin to see if just the hardware has made any difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

So…… badge added. No need to mess with the ECU. Just sticking this yellow rectangle on my boot has turned the ST into a rocket ship. No placebo effect here.

Actually the map did show up and it’s all sorted. Obviously feels quicker but still has that stock feel too. Now I think I definitely need a different rear engine mount though. Spins/hops a lot more in 2nd gear. I have a fair few mountune points now so I think I’ll cash them in. Having searched the forum, there are a few older roll restrictor posts. Who has had one fitted for a few miles now and how does it feel?

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Eeeeeeek. Look what came today all nicely boxed and packaged
View attachment 587509

Being that it was late afternoon I’ve not got the data from Mountune yet for the map. No dramas, it gave me time to fit the hardware goodies.
View attachment 587510
View attachment 587511

Again, these items were beautifully boxed and packaged. Now it took about an hour to change the air box and for the elbow. I’m pretty novice with this sort of stuff so I was a little scared to use anything more than a gentle pull on removing some hoses/clips but fear not, all went well.

View attachment 587513
View attachment 587514
View attachment 587515
View attachment 587512
View attachment 587516

So a couple of questions to you all. I’ve fitted the secondary air feed in behind the left side fog light. How do you get it to stay in place without potentially covering the inlet completely on the bumper (like when you Hoover attachment gets fully blocked and the motor increases in noise)? I don’t have access under my car and couldn’t get my hands in to tie wrap it anywhere. What have you all done with this?

Hopefully my map file will arrive tomorrow and I can get that uploaded. In the meantime, I will take the car for a good spin to see if just the hardware has made any difference.
Cable tie the hose in place, did it come with instruction? If not they are on their website.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cable tie the hose in place, did it come with instruction? If not they are on their website.
Doh! Yes I’ve found the instructions now. I can’t really get under my car though. I’ll maybe buy some ramps and fix it properly. It is just loose behind the fog light currently.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts