Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i emailed Mountune to see if they have plans for a sports cat and sports GPF to give ST owners the option of a fully legal turbo back exhaust system.

I got this back

Thanks for getting in touch,

We will be looking into a sports cat and sports GPF, these are more likely something we will have available towards the end of this year / early next year along with a further power increase.

Best regards,

The mountune® online team

As a Mountune fan i find this quite exciting, so what power do you think we will see next from Mountune?

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
The standard turbo is getting close to the limit of what it can produce allegedly with the 260 odd bhp maps tuners have settled on.

A sports cat and GPF aren't going to add a huge amount perhaps a maximum of 10bhp each so I doubt its gonna be higher than 280bhp.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hah yes your right , and Mountune always seem to err on the side of caution, so i dont expect more than 270 ps tbh, but im interested to see.

I would like a sports exhaust, but you have to consider that a full system could be about £1,800 - £1,900 pounds, and while that would be nice to have, would it be justifiable?

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
hah yes your right , and Mountune always seem to err on the side of caution, so i dont expect more than 270 ps tbh, but im interested to see.

I would like a sports exhaust, but you have to consider that a full system could be about £1,800 - £1,900 pounds, and while that would be nice to have, would it be justifiable?
£1900 for an exhaust. No, not justifiable.

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
Probably about right to be honest, I think the Scorpion sports cat and cat back exhaust for the RS was around £1100 and that was a damn good deal (cat back RRP £970!)

So, throw the sport gpf and Mountune custard tax in the mix and you won't get much change from £2k!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I love my M260 but I won't be going above that without a strengthened engine which I intend to do once it goes full track car in 4-5 years

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i see where your coming from but if mountune release a new higher power tune, id be happy to run it because i think they can be trusted to do all the R & D properly.
I don't think they would release anything that they weren't 100 % confident with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts