Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought my FST about 6 months ago and still love it, it pulls hard and well plus has had alot of money spent on it from mountune, MR230 kit namely.

Anyway, below are todays dyno results, 212 hp and 237 lbft, I was just wondering against the quoted figures of the MR230 this isn't a million miles away but have others with the same kit and tune have the similar results?

I am aware these are more real life figures so wasn't expecting 230 as such.

Any opinions or advice would be good. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seem to remember loss from crank to wheels in the region of 10% so it sounds about right.
Thanks I thought it was something like that, I am just glad it's running well to be honest and this dyno run was more of a check over.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Has it definitely got the MR230 kit still on it? Those figures are dead on what MP215 is quoted as. Doesn't look like the figures are quoted at the wheels. Mountune use that company to test their cars, did the dyno operate make any comment on it?

MR230 should be 227bhp/250lbsft

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
As above, those figures are down on what others have posted in the tech sections a while back.
I went from MP215 to MR230 and there was a noticeable difference

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car came with a folder full of mountune receipts for the hardware etc and including the mp215 to 230 flash.

I emailed the dyno graph to FJRS in brentwood and the guys were not concerned on the resulting figures and just mentioned the variable of the dyno etc.

Car ran spot on and pulls well, I certainly wasn't expecting to see 230 hp on the graph as there is normally a 10% loss give or take which I hope accounts for the results vs quoted figures on the mountune website.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
What octane fuel are you running? V Power or similar 99 octane fuel is probably needed so that might account for the slight difference. Also was there enough cooling on the dyno as if the ambient temps are high it can also read a bit lower.

If like you say your happy with the car and your bum dyno says its fine I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What octane fuel are you running? V Power or similar 99 octane fuel is probably needed so that might account for the slight difference. Also was there enough cooling on the dyno as if the ambient temps are high it can also read a bit lower.

If like you say your happy with the car and your bum dyno says its fine I wouldn't worry about it.
Religiously run on vpower mate, I am lucky I have two near me and it had fresh fuel for the dyno run. That's not to say the fuel in the petrol station could have been naff but never mind.

They had all the cooling running so have to trust they did it right, but Fred at FJRS (brentwood mountune) has been really helpful explaining the variables at play and that they aren't concerned on the figures reported.

As you say bum dyno verifies that it pulls and performs well, but there is always a part of me that want more! But I want the car to be reliable so probably in the right power region as it is.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Religiously run on vpower mate, I am lucky I have two near me and it had fresh fuel for the dyno run. That's not to say the fuel in the petrol station could have been naff but never mind.

They had all the cooling running so have to trust they did it right, but Fred at FJRS (brentwood mountune) has been really helpful explaining the variables at play and that they aren't concerned on the figures reported.

As you say bum dyno verifies that it pulls and performs well, but there is always a part of me that want more! But I want the car to be reliable so probably in the right power region as it is.
There good strong numbers and that's all that matters.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I first got my MR230 I took it to the dyno and it hit bang on 220bhp. Still pulled through the gears and gave good mpg so put it down to an offset in the dyno & conditions

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I first got my MR230 I took it to the dyno and it hit bang on 220bhp. Still pulled through the gears and gave good mpg so put it down to an offset in the dyno & conditions
Are you using the mountune intake as part of the kit? I have heard the ITG were yielding better results to an extent. Mine has the mountune airbox currently.

It's all down to the dyno I think and the variables at play.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are you using the mountune intake as part of the kit? I have heard the ITG were yielding better results to an extent. Mine has the mountune airbox currently.

It's all down to the dyno I think and the variables at play.
I put the ITG kit on mine once and it chucked it into Limp mode so I took it off and sold it

To add more flow to the airbox I did a few things:
1. Cut a hole in the side and fitted a cold air feed trumpet, then attached this to a cold feed pipe that replaces the fog light
2. Fitted a velossatech big mouth scoop that sits behind the grill and forces air into the front air feed of the air box
3. Added a foam panel filter instead of the cotton one, this makes a difference to the noise too which is nice

I haven't had it Dynoed since I've done this mod but will be interested to see what it does

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I highly doubt that figure was whp. In the UK the whp is corrected to account for drive train loss. That's the final figure you see.

But the only way to find out is call up the company and ask.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
You can even see from the file name on the sheet they opened it via correcting software that knows the droverltraon loss for each vehicle programed into it.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can even see from the file name on the sheet they opened it via correcting software that knows the droverltraon loss for each vehicle programed into it.
I wish I knew what you was talking about!

So essentially the software used has a correction factor within it that accounts for the variable such a drive train loss? So 212 hp in my case is a net figure?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Yes, most rolling roads in the uk give figures corrected to engine power from the measured wheel power.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I wish I knew what you was talking about!

So essentially the software used has a correction factor within it that accounts for the variable such a drive train loss? So 212 hp in my case is a net figure?

Thanks!
Exactly that 212 is the estimated figure at the flywheel. But you could go to another dyno tomorrow and get 20bhp more. Its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. They don't really mean anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts