Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I tried to purchase some Mountune mud flaps for my Fiesta ST, but it seems that these things have become like gold dust to get hold of! I know that they're just rebranded Rally Armor flaps, so I decided to send off to CJ Pony Parts in the US for a set of the originals. But imagine my shock when I saw that they wanted over $140 just for postage, and that's before Import Duty! As a result, I have to look for something of similar quality. Any ideas? I've seen a brand called ""RallyflapZ". Are they any good, or are they just second rate replicas of the Rally Armor/Mountune flaps?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a set of Mountune on my car and think they're okay, although I'd have preferred the logo to be a little more subtle (bit too big in my opinion). All the reviews I've seen and read about rallyflapZ rated them quite highly, so if you're in a hurry maybe place an order for a set of their 4mm PVC or Kaylan type. Otherwise it's a case of patiently waiting for Rally Armor to begin supplying Mountune once again.

I certainly wouldn't entertain paying CJ Pony $140 for P&P - that's beyond ridiculous!

·
Super Moderator
24,219 Posts
Rallyflapz are one of the market leaders. Had them on my Mk6, good quality bits of kit, although that was my experience about 10 years ago... So a more recent customer might have more timely feedback for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of Mountune on my car and think they're okay, although I'd have preferred the logo to be a little more subtle (bit too big in my opinion). All the reviews I've seen and read about rallyflapZ rated them quite highly, so if you're in a hurry maybe place an order for a set of their 4mm PVC or Kaylan type. Otherwise it's a case of patiently waiting for Rally Armor to begin supplying Mountune once again.

I certainly wouldn't entertain paying CJ Pony $140 for P&P - that's beyond ridiculous!
Yes, I was looking at the better quality version of the RallyflapZ mud flaps. I take the attitude that it's always best to get the top quality items, especially if they're going to be a one off and will help protect the bodywork from stone chips. I'm really adverse to buying universal parts of any kind. I had some Sparco universal mud flaps on a previous car and they were absolutely awful and tacky, just being installed with clips and were of abysmal quality. I also agree totally about Mountune's logo. I've been wondering if I actually like that giant M and chequered flag. Like you said, it really should've been a lot more discreet.

I think CJ Pony Parts charge a flat rate P&P to encourage larger orders, but if all I need are mud flaps it'd be crazy to pay almost double the price for them just to be sent to me!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got the mountune ones on my car. The fit is not that good to be honest. The front ones I can't get rid of the gap no matter how I adjust them. Only way I've seen is to bond them to the splash guard. Back ones not much better. The foam spacer keeps coming off. Hope this helps with your choice.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the mountune ones on my car. The fit is not that good to be honest. The front ones I can't get rid of the gap no matter how I adjust them. Only way I've seen is to bond them to the splash guard. Back ones not much better. The foam spacer keeps coming off. Hope this helps with your choice. View attachment 588450
View attachment 588449
Well, you do surprise me with those pics, because the Rally Armor ones on my old Focus ST were a very good fit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upon looking at pics of the RallyflapZ mud flaps I've noted that they appear to be rather long compared to the Rally Armor/Mountune ones. Their website says that they're willing to do custom trims for free if your car's been lowered. Seeing that I was quite happy with the Rally Armor ones on my old Focus ST, I'd really like the new ones to be about the same length. Anyone got any ideas how much longer the RallyflapZ ones are so I can make an accurate order for cutting?

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Anyone got any ideas how much longer the RallyflapZ ones are so I can make an accurate order for cutting?
I can't answer that question but when I asked Rallyflaps last year about their custom jobbies they confirmed these are 20mm shorter than their regular size.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you want shorter ones, when you order it gives you an option to tick if your car is lowered and they’ll do you shorter ones. I had RallyFlapz, decent for what they are, the only thing I found a bit of a ballache was actually fitting them. The fronts if I remember correctly were fine, but the back have to go on and off multiple times and you have to drill a few of your own holes in them to get them how you like. I think it took me about 7 hours all in to fit all 4… but that was in 30 odd degree heat! which wasn’t my smartest of moves
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

·
Registered
394 Posts
I’ve haven’t had Rallyflapz on my fiesta but I had them on my Yaris, good quality and if you wanted you could cut them down. Excellent customer service as I had 2 left hand brackets instead of one each side. And they promptly sent the correct brackets after an email

really protected the car and fitted easily into existing points
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've got the Rally Armour, had them on the car for the past 6 years and have the same fitment issue as shown in the photo's from K17CHY76

Another issue is my set came with a painted steel front fitment bracket, which is visible as sits in front of the flap in the front wheel arch.
Naturally this corroded very badly once the paint layer had been compromised from the inevitable stone chips
In the end I made some replacements up from stainless and painted them, but overall I'm pretty disappointed given the cost
Even so I've still got them fitted as they serve a purpose and do the job intended

I got mine from Tarmac Sportz, which is in the UK, so if you are set on them have a look here:
Rally Armor Ford Fiesta Urethane Mud Flaps UK/EUROPE 3 DOOR (tarmacsportz.co.uk)

I'm often tempted to cut my loses and just replace with the RallyFlapz, which are a UK company and have a decent reputation for quality and fitment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts