Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Even on a remapped ST you should easily get 10000 miles out of the PS4 tyres.

Those look like they've had a hard life so either your wheel alignment is out or your 20% is more like 50+% either way if there down to the wear marks the need replacing.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Its worth getting a full alignment as something could be out of wack such as subframe alignment causing the car to crab a little and tyres to scrub.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Its worth getting a full alignment as something could be out of wack such as subframe alignment causing the car to crab a little and tyres to scrub.

Quite common so I have read, Vudo do and alignment kit for 50 quid. Worth doing and getting 4 wheel alignment done after that too. Certainly one of the 1st jobs on my list when the car turns up.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I managed 15,000 miles on my Pilot Super Sports! Yours don't look too unevenly worn IMO, just worn for 3000 miles! I'd get your tracking checked like others have said and lift off that throttle a bit, or you'll be spending roughly £300 quite frequently!

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,080 Posts
Same here need X2 front tires soon and I'm on 14000 miles.
I have slowed down alot recently though 😆
Don't you normally rotate your tires? Equals the wear nicely and you don't end up having totally different grip levels front and back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't you normally rotate your tires? Equals the wear nicely and you don't end up having totally different grip levels front and back.
I have done that in the past on my mk6.5 ST but never bothered since as I don't want a x4 new tyre bill all at once 😆

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Update -

Purchased 2 more ps4's which arrived today and went straight to get them fitted along with 4 wheel allignment, I asked the guy who done my allignment was it off by much he replied "it was wayyy off"
Shame they didn't give me a print out with the before and after readings.
only time will tell if it has fixed the issue, I will be extra careful of those potholes and measure the thread deptg in a couple thousand miles to see if I'm getting even wear

Thank you all for the heads up and advise

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Shouldn’t this thread be in the technical thread under wheels and tyres, there’s been loads of posts in the wrong thread

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Funny innit, over four decades of car ownership I've never yet known a garage to report anything other than "ooh yeah it was way off" when i've had the tracking looked at. I don't ask any more.

I am a dyed in the wool cynic and with no way of checking their work that whole process has to be taken on 100% trust... trust I simply don't give anyone, let alone garage people.

If it was bang on or even marginally out it more or less implies it wasn't really worth doing if your mechanic discloses it. But customers are far more likely to given you their cash in the future to have their tracking looked at if you big it up as having been essential and that you've done them a massive favour.

Best you can take from having it done is that it's been looked at and hopefully corrected. But by just how much simply isn't trustworthy... it's like the proverbial fisherman describing 'the one that got away'; prone to huge exaggeration that can neither be confirmed or dismissed.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Funny innit, over four decades of car ownership I've never yet known a garage to report anything other than "ooh yeah it was way off" when i've had the tracking looked at. I don't ask any more.

I am a dyed in the wool cynic and with no way of checking their work that whole process has to be taken on 100% trust... trust I simply don't give anyone, let alone garage people.

If it was bang on or even marginally out it more or less implies it wasn't really worth doing if your mechanic discloses it. But customers are far more likely to given you their cash in the future to have their tracking looked at if you big it up as having been essential and that you've done them a massive favour.

Best you can take from having it done is that it's been looked at and hopefully corrected. But by just how much simply isn't trustworthy... it's like the proverbial fisherman describing 'the one that got away'; prone to huge exaggeration that can neither be confirmed or dismissed.
That's funny, I have had the exact opposite experience. They have said that it's not off or not worth doing the extra work for 0.1degree. And have given me the papers that show the numbers. I have to actually say that no no. I dont want to save money, I want it to be done properly.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,646 Posts
I agree with @Keithsson at least in the UK most garages will say it’s way out it’s almost considered a way to make some instant extra cash when they do your wheels which is why it is usually free to get checked!

further to this I would be willing to go in with a🍺 bet that you could get it done at one garage then drive it exceptionally carefully hitting no bumps or kerbs to the place 1 mile down the road … and then on their free check they would then also say it was out…

it’s no different to the hard sell for product insurance when you buy your electricals or Ford trying to make you pay extra for oil additives at the service… UK companies (in general) are more concerned with wringing every last penny from you than looking for good old fashioned customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Honesty and integrity is alive and well in Finland 👏
Big thing is that I took my Fords for warranty work only to my "regural" dealer and the sales person knew I was an ex mechanic so I dont know if she put some mark on the cars papers that "yeah, be careful with this one". But then again the same happened with my Seat. They didnt know that I had previously worked at that dealer but on Volkswagen and Audi side way back in the day. What I remember from there is that we were required to print out the papers from before and after and hand them over to the service desk.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts