Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
So after the long and grooling journey from Devon we finally arrived at the Famous Nurburgring, very impressed with the MPG I managed to get:

Was boring driving at 80mph all the way, especially on the Autobham where your allowed to open it up

Never seen this before in my ST:

Me and Jane were staying at Ringhaus, the hotel very close to the entrance of the track, which was a lovely clean and welcoming hotel with a bar.

Managed to get a lap in on the Friday, did a 10 Minute 15 seconds on the first lap, was well chuffed. Went out again for a second lap and it started raining, thunder and lighting everything. So took it steady and relaxed, taking in the views.

One picture from the Friday:

Picture back at the Hotel:

Bad times.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
On the Saturday the track opened at 16:00 hours due to the motorbike racing that was on.
Looked out the window off the hotel to find a cue of cars waiting to go on track all the way to the entrance of our hotel.

So we decided to wait for an hour and hopefully it would calm down.

Half past five came and we decided to head down as it look slightly less quieter but still busy. Got near to the entrance then they decided to close the track due to an accident.
We waited in the car park for another half an hour at least then the track re-opened.
It was like a free for all with everyone wanting to get on.

Managed to find myself on the Webcam, as you can see choas:

Even with all the traffic and hold ups, managed to get a 10 Minute 14 Second Lap, which wasn't to shabby. By the time we got round the track was being closed again, due to the time.

Few pictures from the Saturday:

Went down to Adneau for the evening meal and for people that havn't been and like pizza, I really suggest Pinocchio's.

7 Euros = A pizza the size of a dustbin lid

Brilliant

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
On the Saturday evening I jokingly said about Jane have a lap, but she actually wanted to do it and now that I had said it I couldn't really say no. We headed down Sunday morning to the track at 8:00 with the hope the track was going to be quite, and thank God, it was.
It was hardly any cars around and she managed to do a good lap without any trouble.

After that I nailed a couple more laps, and then went for lunch, when I checked back the videos I managed to do a 9:35 which I was chuffed about. I may have done quicker as I have another 2 videos I havn't cheeked.

On my last lap I had a play with an Evo 320 and managed to keep up with it, sneak past him near an accident then manage to keep in front off him for the rest of the lap, which I was also very chuffed about. He was a wet driver when it came to the corners though. Il upload the video onto Youtube and post in here.
The accident was very nasty, a Impreza was front end and side damaged with the front blocking half the track, luckily a bike had stopped and was warning people. They're was debry etc all over the road, luckily he was okay though as he was out the car and walking around.
When I went round the next corner I had a bit of a suprise, the car decided to go very sideways, at first I was unsure why, I guessed I must have got something on the tyres from the accident. When watching the video back we noticed the motorbike in front of me nearly lose it aswell, he had a slid on to. So we rewound the video so more to discover the fluids all over the road, it looked like engine coolant but it could of been oil.
I know I should of been more careful, but I thought it was just the biker that had broken down and was warning, oh well you learn from your mistakes.

Pictures from the Sunday:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
More pictures:

Chasing a Megane:

We did a total of 8 Laps, 7 were mine and the 1 that the girlfriend did.

We had finished by half ten on the Sunday.

A photo of a Golf GTi that was on track the same time, and they were really gunning it:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple more pictures from the Sunday:

Save the Ring campaign: http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheRing

Also a few pictures of the race on the Saturday morning:

Overall it was another really amazing trip to the Nurburgring. Which I recommend to any petrol head that it should be on your list of things to do before you die, even if its just once and at a steady pace to enjoy it, or flat out

Il get the video's up soon.

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed.

Chaddy

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Great stuff... makes me want to go even more... Passport was put into the post today so, I should be there in September

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to go now either, good write up and fair play to your gf for having ago

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Some good pictures, sounds like you had a great time.

I'd love to do it one day ,I will eventually!

Good on you for letting the gf do a lap too. A girl who is willing to join you all the way from Devon to that track and even wanted to do a lap too...she's a keeper! haha.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some good pictures, sounds like you had a great time.

I'd love to do it one day ,I will eventually!

Good on you for letting the gf do a lap too. A girl who is willing to join you all the way from Devon to that track and even wanted to do a lap too...she's a keeper! haha.
Thanks James.

She defiantly is, luckily for me she's into cars, so I can get away we these type's of holidays and go to track days with her.

Score

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
You better get saving for that other kind of ring now

Charger's really good, I made 244bhp and 202lbs of torque and it pulls really well. Couldn't be happier with it

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's real good Dave, havn't had any time to check your project thread, what stage charger is it?

And don't say that hahaha

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I got stage 2.5, i'm going back tomorrow for a new pulley and belt as mine's making the most irritating noise but hopefully should all be sorted by the morning.

Haha, it'd be perfect, we're going to the 'ring again this year and then you could pull out a ring at the 'ring. A story for the kids.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts