Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't changed my ST! I still love it after three weeks of ownership.

This is more than can be said for the car that my partner currently owns. She has a Citroen 1.4 Desire. She has never liked it and always complains that it is underpowered. Two months after she bought it the steering rack failed and caused a scarey moment. Last weekend the power steering ECU failed and caused another scarey moment. The Citroen main dealer quoted £700 for the replacement part plus fitting. I contacted Citroen UK Customer Service looking for some goodwill on this and to their credit, they agreed that we only had to pay £103 towards the repair. In spite of the fact that the car will soon be repaired my partner no longer wants to drive it. She says she doesn't trust it and doesn't feel safe in it so ...

... we found this for her. It came from the small independent dealer just around the corner from us that supplied me with my ST. It is a really clean example of the car on a 53 plate. It has two lady owners and has covered 49000 miles. The car has full main dealer service history and very recent brake pad replacement. The roof works perfectly and has no leaks. The dealer is taking in the C3 part-ex so the cost to change is well under £1K.

My partner has a Triumph TR7 convertible that she is also going to sell. While it will be a great restoration project as it's original, there is more involved than we would want to take on and it wouldn't make back the cost of a good restoration.

She is happy ... The C3 is going and she has a convertible for the summer and a coupe for the winter!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A peugeot.

Do you think your going to have less problem's with that..?And also a Convertible for the "Summer" What's that..?
Certainly no sign of the summer today. I think my other half got a Friday after car with her C3. it's always been trouble. I had a Citroen C2 VTS before I got my ST. The build quality of the cabin was crap but it was mechanically very reliable. I was sorry to see it go although I much prefer the ST.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks good is this a diesel? if so you'll never have problems with the lump
Not a diesel sadly (I never thought I would say that!). It is 1.6 petrol. It still has a lot more go than the C3 Desire's 1.4 engine. My other half got nicked for speeding in the C3 last week. That is some achievement.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you watch Watchdog last night? In a few peugeots and citreons the brakes can be operated from the passengers footwell! Because they have left hand drive they didn't bother changing the whole of the braking system to right hand drive, they left half of it there! So basically you can brake if ur in the passengers seat! Looks very clean though and low mileage!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/05/citroen_update.html

·
Registered
554 Posts
Did you watch Watchdog last night? In a few peugeots and citreons the brakes can be operated from the passengers footwell! Because they have left hand drive they didn't bother changing the whole of the braking system to right hand drive, they left half of it there! So basically you can brake if ur in the passengers seat! Looks very clean though and low mileage!
http://www.bbc.co.uk...oen_update.html
Look at Peugeots reply! Its rubbish, they apologise for nothing and say "its not necessary to recall them but we'll do it anyway you
bas-tards", which basically means they were told to recall them by VOSA but they didn't want to.

At least Renault and Citroen are good enough to own up and apologise and recall models.

·
Registered
76 Posts
http://www.bbc.co.uk...oen_update.html
Look at Peugeots reply! Its rubbish, they apologise for nothing and say "its not necessary to recall them but we'll do it anyway you
bas-tards", which basically means they were told to recall them by VOSA but they didn't want to.

At least Renault and Citroen are good enough to own up and apologise and recall models.
[/quote]
Its actually f*cking mad! Imagion if your driving any of these cars along the motorway, and your in the passengers seat having a little stretch of the legs and the brakes come on? Imagion how many people would get killed/injured! Its mad!

·
Registered
107 Posts
My ex missus had one of these.

Worst thing? - What a sorry excuse for back seats they are. I mean really, what is the point? Apart from a quick way of losing your legs without surgery needed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts