Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

I am new looking to get a fiesta st..

Not sure what colour yet, i like red with stripes!

I have had a quick look around the site, seems good with a lot of info so thought i'd join and say hi

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
you dont need the flexi pipe as the manifold gets rid of it...

you need

manifold
sport cat/de cat
cat back
induction kit
re map

power 180bhp,add cams 190bhp....add a cosworth inlet 200bhp or you can supercharger or turbo.

supercharged is easier and gains are good.i have had mine done for well over a year...

what exhaust note do you like...raspy or deep?

lee

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
its not cheap but if your looking for a mega fast fiesta.....333bhp im running

the miltek exhaust is very raspy,im not keen..i like deeper sounding exhaust notes.i used to have a full mongooes exhaust that was good.i now have a big bore miltek and thats deep...

the normal bore miltke is mega raspy but if you like that its the one to have.....they go 10 times better with just a full exhaust and induction kit.

you looked at mountune?

lee

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow 333bhp in a fiesta? That must fly!

I did look at mountune, but , apart from the cams, i think i can get it done a lot cheaper, then do cams at a later date...

I think i would go exhaust first (Inc. manifold) and an induction kit, then look at throttle bodies and then a sport cat (I don't want to decat due to MOT emissions) and then finish with a remap, then if I want a little more, think about cams, but I think 180-190 would be fine for me.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
yes mate 333
260lbsft too...

you wont need throttle bodies....just a 60mm throttle bodie along with the full exhaust inc manifold then with a induction kit you should see about 170bhp...add cams and a custom map you will be flying.

sorry i forgot to say a cosworth inlet is like throttle bodies but with a plenum on the end...its made by cosworth and i have one pic...

Grille Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

lee

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not convinced yet
but getting there

I'll have a look at cosworth intakes.

It seems to have a lot of modding potential! Exhaust is a must with an induction kit...i think that will sound lovely!

K&N57's seem popular here, but are cold feed closed induction kits better?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
if you get a cosworth intake you need the cams and full exhaust plus 60mm tb too...plus a custom map.

they sound mad with them like throttle bodies but i can tell you now...that with a full exhaust,induction kit and 60mm tb with a map they fly!

mountune are great too,they may cost a tad more but you do get a cracking set up. cams are a bit more fruity too..

these you can tune and get big gains easy.just a exhaust and supercharger can see 265bhp..so easy to get big power.

lee

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I kinda need to keep it insurance friendly! I think a supercharger would pop them over the edge, although i would love it :(

What 0-60 do you get from it? Under 5 seconds?

What do you reckon cold feed closed cup, or open cup induction kit?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
the induction kits that are open like the 57i just need to cold air feeds..from the front bumper..works a treat!

i get about 5 ish 0-60 but i never do it...just wheel spins..i dont really traffic light race,i prefer to roll as any light car can be nippy off the lights...once rolling there not all that

its not too bad for insurance...

if you go mountune 185 you get a cais and manifold,sport cat,cat back and cams inc with the kit plus a re map.bluefin is ok but a custom dreamscience map is better in my opinion.

there good kits and go very well...

lee

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
awesome, cheers for your help mate! I think i know what I'll do if I find one i like!

Just sorting my car up to trade in
Then all set to have a look around!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
thats a nice one mate,well priced for a dealer.you should get some knocked off that too...

good spec,looks clean..finance aint even bad!

nice colour too i love red..wish mine was red all day!

lee

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I want it but mine is going to be a while, i think I need at least a week or two to get a deposit because I need to sell my wheels (Irmscher Pro Stars 18")

Slightly annoying i can't just go and grab it! But hopefully it will stay, i might try and get them to transport it closer to me, or try and do all the paperwork in bedford so i just have to go pick it up!

Sam (Above Chegg307) is letting me insure his for a day so i can have a drive! That will be awesome!

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
just have a word and if your 100% on getting it put £100 deposit on it.

when i brought mine new i left £100 deposit and put down another £400 when i got paid..

tbh cars aint selling much so i would think it will still be there...nice car though!

ahhhh cool,lol there good cars just very restricted out the box.handle awesome!

lee

1 - 20 of 24 Posts