Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here, decided to to bite the bullet, sell my golf gtd and order a fiesta st3, in magnetic grey, still a little torn on colour between that and moondust silver, whats people thoughts??

i have ordered a ST3 with the full LED pack, is there any other extra i should consider, currently still have a few days to decide.

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
166 Posts
Hi afairley46 and welcome.
I will say in the month I've been a member on this site, I've been amazed at the friendlyness and wealth of knowledge available.
Hope you enjoy your time.
:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi all again, i am reading allot about security issued with fiesta, what is needed, is a simple signal blocking pouch enough, or do i need something more then this?

i would rather not add something on the wheel all the time.

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
The pouch will help. Ford’s come with sleepy keys now I believe which means they do not omit a signal when stationary. The disklock is the best visual deterrent though

The OBD port is what needs to be protected as it’s how thieves reprogram keys in a matter of seconds once they gain entry to the car. Not read about many mk8’s going walkies using this method though

You can protect it with an after market immobiliser or other gizmos. This video may help

You may want to speak to your insurance company to see if they recommend anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pouch will help. Ford’s come with sleepy keys now I believe which means they do not omit a signal when stationary. The disklock is the best visual deterrent though

The OBD port is what needs to be protected as it’s how thieves reprogram keys in a matter of seconds once they gain entry to the car. Not read about many mk8’s going walkies using this method though

You can protect it with an after market immobiliser or other gizmos. This video may help

You may want to speak to your insurance company to see if they recommend anything
i also heard the key stops emitting a signal after 45 seconds if its left alone?, then starts again when you move it

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
hi all again, i am reading allot about security issued with fiesta, what is needed, is a simple signal blocking pouch enough, or do i need something more then this?

i would rather not add something on the wheel all the time.

thanks in advance
I've turned off the keyless entry system, installed a plate over the OBD port and always fit my Disklok when parking for any length of time. I've also fitted a tracker, just in case it does get nicked! (If only there'd been trackers available when my bikes got nicked.. )
When the warranty runs out, I'll consider a remap handset, one that comes with an anti-theft map.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
thanks, just gutted i possibly have to wait until December for the car
Hi @afairley46 and welcome to the forum. I ordered my ST3 with every option incl. the sunroof as not bothered by the extra 20kg higher up...I ordered at the end of May 21 and have too got to wait until at least Christmas...Oh well good things come to those who are impatient, or is it patient🤣 I went for Agate Black just because I am crazy obsessive about cleaning my car and love how a black car looks when it is all immaculately detailed. Magnetic grey was my second choice...Regarding extra security, I won't be doing more than 4k. miles a year and will rarely leave my car in a public place and it will be in a secure garage at home, but I will be investing in a Disklok and the Viper immobiliser stickers (I know stickers won't stop a scumbag tea leaf...). The key does have a motion sensor in it as you correctly state but I have already bought a faraday case for extra piece of mind. Keep us all updated when you hear of as build date, all the best👍🏻

1 - 16 of 16 Posts