Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, recently replaced my 2019 5-Door ST-Line 125 with a 2020 5-Door ST-3. Currently, the car is stock and I'm loving it but I have been looking at mods for a while now and just wanted some opinions on induction kits, Maxton Design styling, and remaps.

At the moment I have my eyes on the Maxton Design V3 Spoiler Cap, V4 Front Splitter, V2 Side Skirts, and the V2 Rear Valance for the exterior. And for the engine, I was looking at the AIRTEC Induction kit and potentially a Revo Stage 1 remap.

Can anyone see any potential issues I may have or any suggestions? I know most of this stuff is opinion based but it never hurts to know what others think, cheers.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hey all, recently replaced my 2019 5-Door ST-Line 125 with a 2020 5-Door ST-3. Currently, the car is stock and I'm loving it but I have been looking at mods for a while now and just wanted some opinions on induction kits, Maxton Design styling, and remaps.

At the moment I have my eyes on the Maxton Design V3 Spoiler Cap, V4 Front Splitter, V2 Side Skirts, and the V2 Rear Valance for the exterior. And for the engine, I was looking at the AIRTEC Induction kit and potentially a Revo Stage 1 remap.

Can anyone see any potential issues I may have or any suggestions? I know most of this stuff is opinion based but it never hurts to know what others think, cheers.
I have the V2 spoiler lip and I haven’t had any problems with it coming off…yet.

I went for the TRC splitter and sides as the material is supposed to be better quality than the Maxton, but I haven’t seen a maxton kit in the wild yet, although if it’s the same material as the lip, I would definitely suggest having a look at TRC instead. I also think it looks better, IMO. It might be worth taking a look under your car to see if the previous owner(s) had a low line kit installed.

There’s loads of info’ on remaps on the forum, but before @Gedi finds this post and tells you or I off for not posting this thread in the right section, I’d take a look there. You may want to bare in mind the ease of switching maps, fuel grades etc. I heard Revo charge £60 to return to stock if you ever needed to. 😬

·
Registered
869 Posts
I’ve been trying to source a 2nd hand, fair priced mountune induction kit to go with my M235 map, as I wanted to keep it OEM+, and I wasn’t too sure on an open cone filter. However, the other half has decided she wants more ‘chuu’ sounds, 😆 so I’m waiting for the next Mountune sale to buy the Carbon kit instead, as it has the sounds of an open cone, but also provides a bit more heat protection from the carbon it is wrapped in (or so Mountune have led me to believe) either way, it is a ridiculously nice looking bit of kit. Mountune go as far as saying in can provide up to an extra 7bhp…🤔

If your not going for a remap, an induction kit won’t provide any gains for you, except for more noise. So I would bare that in mind too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard @devonhiggs_ 👋🏻

I've got nothing for regarding mods though, for me your car will never be better than it is now 😉
My ST-3 is my second car and it sounds cheesy but for as long as I can remember I've wanted a performance car. The first time I drove it was an amazing experience I will never forget.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve been trying to source a 2nd hand, fair priced mountune induction kit to go with my M235 map, as I wanted to keep it OEM+, and I wasn’t too sure on an open cone filter. However, the other half has decided she wants more ‘chuu’ sounds, 😆 so I’m waiting for the next Mountune sale to buy the Carbon kit instead, as it has the sounds of an open cone, but also provides a bit more heat protection from the carbon it is wrapped in (or so Mountune have led me to believe) either way, it is a ridiculously nice looking bit of kit. Mountune go as far as saying in can provide up to an extra 7bhp…🤔

If your not going for a remap, an induction kit won’t provide any gains for you, except for more noise. So I would bare that in mind too.
I do really like the look of the Mountune carbon kit, really on the fence about it over the AIRTEC kit. Have also been looking at the Revo kit. But afaik the only big difference between the 3 is the heat protection from the Mountune. I reckon I'll end up going with AIRTEC but I'll do a little more digging. Thanks for the info. (in all honesty the sound alone excuses the price :giggle:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Open filter does make some rather nice noises, stage 1 is a reasonably safe option
I’d always recommend getting a handset so you can return to stock if needs be. Do plenty research. In the end I was between Collins and Laird - laird won. Definitely notice a nice gain in 3rd and 4th. Whilst keeping the car tractable and well mannered. However expect your fuel bill to go up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts