Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Sounds great but I need to fit an intercooler first , thats a lot of poke for a 1.5 litre engine

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
do you think not having an intercooler will make a big difference if your only doing a few pulls and not on a track?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
do you think not having an intercooler will make a big difference if your only doing a few pulls and not on a track?
Ive got the whole Mountune catalogue on mine already but Mountune have recommended the cooler, air box and hard pipe kit to get the optimum quoted figures from this upgrade.
You should be ok I would of thought but drop Mountune an email if youre in doubt. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Why is it people get all bent out of shape about Mountune £99 to upgrade from m235 to m260 25bhp and 10 lb/ft if you've got the right hardware.

Try doing than on an N/A engine lol.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Ive got the whole Mountune catalogue on mine already but Mountune have recommended the cooler, air box and hard pipe kit to get the optimum quoted figures from this upgrade.
You should be ok I would of thought but drop Mountune an email if youre in doubt.
yeah will do, I've got the induction kit, 235 and the throttle elbow so far

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Oh Yeah!

Ordered the m235-to-m260 upgrade plus the Charge Pipe upgrade. (I already have the Induction Kit & Intercooler.)

Hopefully they turn up for the weekend to be fitted 👍

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Mountune are sneaky with their wording...

It says they "recommend" - It does not state that these upgrades are needed for the M260 Upgrade.

I think you'd probably be alrite, but I would "recommend" the upgrades... not like you can buy the intercooler anyway cos its not in stock lol

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
It says they "recommend" - It does not state that these upgrades are needed for the M260 Upgrade.

I think you'd probably be alrite, but I would "recommend" the upgrades... not like you can buy the intercooler anyway cos its not in stock lol
It was only a matter of time that their stage 2 was going to come out even though their late to the party. I snapped up the cooler a few months back in anticipation of this release because theyre always going to recommend their other engine upgrades to work in harmony with the likes of this power increase.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
It was only a matter of time that their stage 2 was going to come out even though their late to the party. I snapped up the cooler a few months back in anticipation of this release because theyre always going to recommend their other engine upgrades to work in harmony with the likes of this power increase.
Agreed - its a good way to sell other parts.

But I would "assume" and thats all it is a complete assumption.... that it would probably work just fine without any of them.

I'll stick it on and I dont have the intercooler and if I think something is wrong I'll just put the M235 back on until I can get the cooler.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Just a word of warming, M260 should only be used with 97+ Ron not standard 95, according to the website you should revert to M235 if you can only get 95.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Im gonna get the airtec one, sure that will be fine and only 300 quid

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Im sure any aftermarket intercooler would be fine.

You have to remember most of these people want you to buy other parts so will say they recommend additional things.

Revo for stage two want to sell you the revo intercooler

mountune for stage 2 want you to buy the mountune (pro alloy) intercooler

etc etc

Don't get me wrong, I think these things would me smart to add on with the additional 260 map, but something tells me with their wording and what they are trying to pitch that it isned "needed"

Like the charge pipes? Really? Load of balls.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
97 octane fuel limit and insurance put me off the upgrade. Have to stick with the m235, but eagerly waiting to hear people's opinions after a real life drive.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts