Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
97 octane fuel limit and insurance put me off the upgrade. Have to stick with the m235, but eagerly waiting to hear people's opinions after a real life drive.
You know you won't be getting full power out of the map on 95 though right? It's just written for both fuels....

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Very surprised Mountune went for bigger power, I honestly thought they would only do a 'Stage 1' only route, but 260bhp is mega for the Fiesta. Sounds very cool.
Its 260ps which is 256hp give or take. Im running MaxD 1R with Vudu induction, Pro Alloy secondary and crossover, Pro Alloy full height cooler and its was dynoed last month at 253hp and 394Nm. So near as dammit the same hp and a bit more torque as the Mountune stage 2.
Im not saying one is any better or worse than the other, just that their quoted numbers arent really any different to whats been available for a while now.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I've installed it this afternoon and been for a blast.

Slightly noticeable gains at the low end, but much more so at the high end. I've always found the mk8 not as responsive as the mk7 when it comes to pulling out and overtaking on the motorway, but this seems to have resolved it.

I don't have the intercooler or charge pipes, I've come from M235, with throttle body elbow and the induction hose.

Obviously I'm probably not getting the full gains, but is it worth it over the M235? I'm not so sure.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Its 260ps which is 256hp give or take. Im running MaxD 1R with Vudu induction, Pro Alloy secondary and crossover, Pro Alloy full height cooler and its was dynoed last month at 253hp and 394Nm. So near as dammit the same hp and a bit more torque as the Mountune stage 2.
Im not saying one is any better or worse than the other, just that their quoted numbers arent really any different to whats been available for a while now.
yes mountune clearly aren't all about numbers, they could easily have got 400nm but chose not too. Why might that be i wonder?, this will have benefits, like a more linear power delivery, less prone to wheelspin when you accelerate hard, also its possible its running a bit less boost so it should be kinder to the engine.

Sometimes less is more imo.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I've installed it this afternoon and been for a blast.

Slightly noticeable gains at the low end, but much more so at the high end. I've always found the mk8 not as responsive as the mk7 when it comes to pulling out and overtaking on the motorway, but this seems to have resolved it.

I don't have the intercooler or charge pipes, I've come from M235, with throttle body elbow and the induction hose.

Obviously I'm probably not getting the full gains, but is it worth it over the M235? I'm not so sure.
I have the same as you and I noticed F All difference.

I'll get the intercooler and pipes but I cant see it making that much of a difference tbh.

Slightly disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
So, with all the kit they recommend is the difference really noticeable?
Hey John, yes its very noticeable indeed and for a £100 its rude not too! (Obviously Ive got all the required hardware to make the apparent most out of this map too) 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Just a word of warming, M260 should only be used with 97+ Ron not standard 95, according to the website you should revert to M235 if you can only get 95.
Is BP standard petrol 97?

think they should do a full stage 3 induction kit to free the top end up a bit more , pumaspeed stage 2 graph holds the power up the top end much better.

I like how they have kept the torque down some compared to other tuners.
I agree with you there! I think they have a good power/torque balance compared to other companies. If the torque is really high the car could feel like a turbo diesel as it's overwhelming compared to the power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The m260 map is great it revs up much nicer than the m235 which was also very good and the car gets quicker. Fitting an intercooler was also good with the m235 in summer to not loose power. I tested the airtec stage 1 but was not so happy with it and changed to the Wagner and that one is great. Much better quality in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I've done roughly 300 miles with the m260 and like a few others I know on here who've fitted the correct hardware its a noticeable difference as the car is much keener to rev and the extra torque is good the throttle response seems to be sharper too.

All in all it seems a very good map and the driveability is as good as the m235 IMHO.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Another great big thumbs up for the Mountune m260! The car seems to be so much eager to apply the power and keep on going more so than the m235 (which is also top notch).

Looking forward to adding the MT Charge Pipe upgrade this weekend (fingers crossed DHL will deliver it tomorrow). I already have the MT Induction kit and MT Intercooler.

Next upgrade will be the MT Roll Restrictor...

·
<3 Blue
4,190 Posts
Hey John, yes its very noticeable indeed and for a £100 its rude not too! (Obviously Ive got all the required hardware to make the apparent most out of this map too)
I'm alright about the £99 for the map but the hardware is a lot more expensive.

Not worth it for me anyway as I have the new ST Focus on order if it ever arrives that is.

Even if I wanted to it would be impossible to keep mine now as it's sold to the supplying Focus dealer.

Could buy another ST Fiesta I suppose but then I'd have to start all over again......

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Im alright about the £99 for the map but the hardware is a lot more expensive.

Not worth it for me anyway as I have the new ST Focus on order if it ever arrives that is.

Even if I wanted to it would be impossible to keep mine now as its sold to the supplying Focus dealer.

Could buy another ST Fiesta I suppose but then Id have to start all over again......
Not worth worrying about then mate if the Fez is going but its definitely another big thumbs up from Mountune. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I posted this on the other thread, but it's probably worth posting here, as a few people have been asking this question.

Mountune commented on Facebook about running the map without the hardware -

Attachments

21 - 40 of 121 Posts