Fiesta ST Forums banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
From their website map upgrade page:

Installing the m260 calibration without the correct hardware may result in failure to achieve the quoted power / torque figures, abnormal running, detrimental fuel consumption or engine warning light illumination or, in extreme circumstances, damage to and / or failure of the engine. in any such instance no warranty is offered or implied by mountune.
Thats just standard blurb....

No different to "The contents of this coffee cup may be hot" and "the tablets may make you drowsy" on sleeping tablets.... It just heads off the simpletons at the pass to stop them employing their crack lawyers on needless lawsuits in an attempt to make a few quid because they are stupid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're doing the full m260 from scratch, I'd personally include the high flow induction hose and the high flow throttle body elbow. Both are restrictions in the inlet air system, so it makes sense to replace those too. I've attached a diagram which makes this more obvious, and I've put a ring around the induction hose and elbow.

Then the same diagram that shows the air path from intake to engine, via the turbo, to explain it a bit better.

And apologies if I'm teaching how to suck eggs, no offence intended.
What hose is represented by "6"?

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
I read that as the hardware is needed or they will not be held liable. Hardware as in inter cooler etc mentioned on the web page.
Have I missed something?
Again that sounds like standard marketing speech Y'now like everyone used to take the micky with Mk7 stage 2's when they stated their package gives 2XX bhp… with the small print "with supporting mods"

If they didn't put this then peeps WOULD install this on standard cars then dyno them and slate them all over media stating Mountune don't make the stated power … this is the reality we now belong to. Same with the comment on irregular running again without the intercooler you can probably quickly overwhelm it and lose power giving same idiots another chance to jump on the social media train to rubbish a company for their own failings.

The only one out of all comments that came across to me as a warning was the fuel octane rating…. But surely if you can afford this you can afford the 97/99 fuel ;-)

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I spoke to them on the phone and they said you will be fine without the intercooler but you just wont make the quoted bhp on a dyno as it will pull back performance once the sensors detect the hot air.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I read that as the hardware is needed or they will not be held liable. Hardware as in inter cooler etc mentioned on the web page.

Have I missed something?
Yes. post #39. They said on Facebook that it will just cut back on performance

What hose is represented by "6"?
It's the alternative hose for cars with auto gearboxes, that's all (not STs).

It's a bit of a generic picture rather than an ST specific one

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
@Standaman94 FYI the charge pipe if you have one of the new engines (without the Re-circ valve on the pipe work it literally is a 15 minute job start to finish, the longest part of the job was actually taking the under tray off!!! did mine today and after seeing the size of the restrictor where the pipe converges I would say this is a bigger issue to power than the intercooler is to heat soak, It really does decrease that much but you can't really tell in photos as the pipe generally only looks a tiny bit smaller... until you look down the centre!!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
@Standaman94 FYI the charge pipe if you have one of the new engines (without the Re-circ valve on the pipe work it literally is a 15 minute job start to finish, the longest part of the job was actually taking the under tray off!!! did mine today and after seeing the size of the restrictor where the pipe converges I would say this is a bigger issue to power than the intercooler is to heat soak, It really does decrease that much but you can't really tell in photos as the pipe generally only looks a tiny bit smaller... until you look down the centre!!
Have you noticed any changes to the engine noise/sound with the resonator removed?

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
Net yet (only started the engine since change to reverse it off the ramps) and haven't driven it properly yet to find out. At idle it seems to make no difference in sound, will see either tomorrow or Monday on the commute how much improvement it gives but after seeing the restrictor followed by the sudden open cylinder ( silencer/resonator?) I was shocked at why Ford did this as the airflow through this section will be terribly disrupted and energy sapping. Bernoulli would be crying in his grave if he seen it!

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Took the updated car for a drive this evening.

Mountune have done a fantastic job. More low down torque, starting from 2k revs. Strong and steady power through the Rev range. The 235 map felt like a punch in the mid range, the 265 feels much more linear and smooth. It feels so good that it does not drive like a turbo. There are no flat spots.

I have the air upgrades recommended by mountune.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
It's a good map but not so friendly in stop/go traffic!! I now put it in normal mode for traffic and sport/race for normal driving to avoid the jerky driving.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
It's a good map but not so friendly in stop/go traffic!! I now put it in normal mode for traffic and sport/race for normal driving to avoid the jerky driving.
I did not find any jerky driving in traffic. Do you have all the air bits fitted?

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
Except intercooler, but not complaining. Think it’s more down to having much more torque and the revised throttle position map making the car very eager with just a tiny bit of throttle. As I said though in those situations I simply notch it into normal drive mode and jobs a good’ update.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Right, started on my journey to Wales and 2 miles down the road, check engine warning light.

Ive switched back to the 235 map. Have asked for a refund as this has clearly not been tested enough ☹

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Right, started on my journey to Wales and 2 miles down the road, check engine warning light.

Ive switched back to the 235 map. Have asked for a refund as this has clearly not been tested enough ☹
Cleary it's the map, cleary it's better to go for a refund than find out what the issue is.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Sure is. Being a software engineer for 30 years, not testing enough is a no no.
Too many Mountune fan boys on here.
There's a few people with the M260 on here, not sure how many of them are fanboys, but so far they've not mentioned an issue, could at least let mountune look into it before demanding your £99 back.

In 30 years none of your software had a glitch? If so did you refund the customer or try to sort the issue first?

61 - 80 of 121 Posts