Fiesta ST Forums banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Finally fitted the remaining item (Charge Pipe upgrade) of the MT recommended upgrades for the m260 map. My car needed the Charge Pipe that has the fitting for the re-circulating valve. Overall easy to fit but the most fiddly of all the MT upgrades I have done. Getting the short silicone pipe in just the right position so that it was fitted correctly but didn't rub against anything took a few attempts.

I was also on my drive with a trolley jack and axle stands - so a little bit tight on space under the car. Still a straightforward job even for a novice/home mechanic with the right tools.
Notice any difference? My car is getting it’s service on Monday and then the charge pipe kit and “roll restrictor” fitted on Wednesday, looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Notice any difference? My car is getting it’s service on Monday and then the charge pipe kit and “roll restrictor” fitted on Wednesday, looking forward to it.
Maybe just a placebo but I think you can hear more of the induction/air flow noise. I only took it for a quick 30 min drive after fitting to make sure everything was still ok.

I have also fitted the roll restrictor and that is much more noticeable - smoother gear changes and the ability to give it the beans without wheel hop. It is quite noticeable with the air conditioning running. I aim to give it 500 miles to bed in - which I think will settle things.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
There's been an interesting thread on the Facebook group where one of the guys reckons he did back-to-back dyno runs going from the m235 to the m260 maps. There was only a 3hp difference when going to m260. He supposedly had all the necessary hardware.
I haven't yet seen the final outcome of the conversation, so don't know what has happened, but all the same it was interesting reading.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
.....for those interested and from the Mountune email today it looks like the intercoolers are back in stock................................

..... just in time for payday :ROFLMAO:.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,624 Posts
Even for mountune that must be a record… unless they are saving some off the list for those who registered email addresses and if they haven’t phoned mt they will reopen sales at start work Monday?!?

the email only came in at 13:10 today….

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Even for mountune that must be a record… unless they are saving some off the list for those who registered email addresses and if they haven’t phoned mt they will reopen sales at start work Monday?!?

the email only came in at 13:10 today….
I spoke to them earlier and they will be getting more in the next few weeks. They only had a very limited amount today and rather than wait until the full amount were in stock they put what they had up for sale. I spoke to Pro Alloy a few months ago about something else and i asked them about the intercooler (small Mountune one) and they said there was a shortage of the materials needed but they should be available soon.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
There's been an interesting thread on the Facebook group where one of the guys reckons he did back-to-back dyno runs going from the m235 to the m260 maps. There was only a 3hp difference when going to m260. He supposedly had all the necessary hardware.
I haven't yet seen the final outcome of the conversation, so don't know what has happened, but all the same it was interesting reading.
If that's the case there cars faulty as like most people I know on here who've fitted the correct supporting mods there is a very noticeable power gain.

Out of interest fancy linking in that Facebook post as I'm interested to see what other tuners cars were making as most others regularly make 20 tko 30bhp less than claimed always put down to harsh (accurate) rolling roads....

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
If that's the case there cars faulty as like most people I know on here who've fitted the correct supporting mods there is a very noticeable power gain.

Out of interest fancy linking in that Facebook post as I'm interested to see what other tuners cars were making as most others regularly make 20 tko 30bhp less than claimed always put down to harsh (accurate) rolling roads....
The car definitely sounds faulty, I could feel the difference straight away when upgrading to M260 with all the upgrades. 235 was good but this is something else, even my brother was impressed and he has a Honda type R track car.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts

Here's the link -
Facebook

I think the guy's issue wasn't so much the absolute dyno figure, more the fact that it only changed by 3hp when swapping between the Mountune maps.
He appears to have all the required hardware, although some of it isn't Mountune branded. Unfortunately there's no conclusion to the thread.

Cheers,
MarkP

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Ahh sorry I don't use Facebook.

It just seems a bit odd it makes just over the m235 perhaps he was running that in error or due to 95 fuel. Also if he skimped on the supporting parts with a cheaper less efficient intercooler open induction kit and no turbo pipes.

Thing is we'll never really know for sure but if it was only making a few bhp over stock all the people I know running it would be complaining.

All I know is having fitted the correct upgrades the diffetence between m235 and m260 is far more noticeable than 3bhp lol.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Ahh sorry I don't use Facebook.

It just seems a bit odd it makes just over the m235 perhaps he was running that in error or due to 95 fuel. Also if he skimped on the supporting parts with a cheaper less efficient intercooler open induction kit and no turbo pipes.

Thing is we'll never really know for sure but if it was only making a few bhp over stock all the people I know running it would be complaining.

All I know is having fitted the correct upgrades the diffetence between m235 and m260 is far more noticeable than 3bhp lol.
Yes, unfortunately the thread never really got resolved (so I've just asked). They did comment that the air temperatures on the day were high, so maybe the map was cutting back on power for that reason - even though he did have a big (non-Mountune) intercooler fitted. (I've no doubt you can see what the map is doing in this respect, if you know what you're doing and have the appropriate ECU monitoring software when you do the run - but that's something I suspect only the tuners have).
I would agree though that it does sound very odd that such a minimal back-to-back difference was recorded on the dyno, which does lead you to think something was wrong somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Having a big intercooler can cause lower power as the bumper bar is in the way meaning that the cooler is getting different temps.

As I've said before the ex ST owning youtuber lost 10bhp that way as shown on one of his many many videos.

I believe he was also running an open induction kit which in a tiny engine bay will suffer from heat soak.

Its a shame we don't know anymore details just like the alleged Dreamscience bottom end issues. It may just be scaremongering but I'm always interested to know the potential pitfalls.

·
<3 Blue
4,183 Posts
Same here @StiggyTheST, I'm running all the required hardware too and the difference between M235 & M260 is night and day! :)
Possible change of plan for me Ant. So pigged off with waiting for the Focus that I am seriously contemplating cancelling the order and paying off the Fiesta.
Now for the question.....do you have all the kit on yours? If I keep mine I want the full monty.....intercooler, charge pipes, M260, that intercooler surround thing, exhaust, throttle elbow and even the mud flaps.
Honestly, can you tell the difference between the maps?
Quite like the idea of that ASMO mode too...

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Possible change of plan for me Ant. So pigged off with waiting for the Focus that I am seriously contemplating cancelling the order and paying off the Fiesta.
Now for the question.....do you have all the kit on yours? If I keep mine I want the full monty.....intercooler, charge pipes, M260, that intercooler surround thing, exhaust, throttle elbow and even the mud flaps.
Hey John, glad to hear you might be staying with the wee little Fiesta! 🐷 👍🏻
To answer your question…..yes, I have the whole Mountune catalogue on my car (eagerly awaiting something more to be released now by Mountune to purchase😅) and yes there is definitely a nice noticeable difference between the maps too. I’ve never been disappointed with Mountunes offerings and I’m sure you won’t be either! 😊👍🏻

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Oh and as Del-Boy would say….”you know it makes sense!”

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
the difference between the m235 and m260 is not as great as going from stock to m235, thats because going to m235 you gain 60nm, going up to m260 you only gain 15nm at the peak, so the headline torque gain is small, but i did feel the difference.
The real difference between the m235 and the m260 is the power higher up the rev range, you have about 30 nm and 25 bhp more than m235 from about 4500 revs all the way till you shift up, and that is very noticeable.
I think if you were to line up side by side an m235 and an m260 on a rolling run, and floor them together at 30 mph in 4th gear, you wouldnt see much difference initially, but if you started in 3rd gear at 60 mph the m260 would begin to pull away straight away.
For me the m235 is all about torque, the m260 is all about bhp.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts