Fiesta ST Forums banner

New Mountune upgrade

21K views 123 replies 26 participants last post by  sab 
#1 ·
#80 ·
Sure is. Being a software engineer for 30 years, not testing enough is a no no.
Too many Mountune fan boys on here.
There's a few people with the M260 on here, not sure how many of them are fanboys, but so far they've not mentioned an issue, could at least let mountune look into it before demanding your £99 back.

In 30 years none of your software had a glitch? If so did you refund the customer or try to sort the issue first?

#81 ·
Theres a few people with the M260 on here, not sure how many of them are fanboys, but so far theyve not mentioned an issue, could at least let mountune look into it before demanding your £99 back.

In 30 years none of your software had a glitch? If so did you refund the customer or try to sort the issue first?
Nope, depends on the issue but in this case an engine warning light is how serious? I have no contract with mountune so a refund will suffice.

How do you know there are no problems reported?
Poor testing is no excuse.

#82 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nope, depends on the issue but in this case an engine warning light is how serious? I have no contract with mountune so a refund will suffice.

How do you know there are no problems reported?
Poor testing is no excuse.
You had a contract with mountune as soon as you bought it, if you didn't have a contract with them they wouldn't have to refund you.

You're re the only one that has mentioned an issue so far, out of all the members who have so far said they've fitted it, if others had an issue they probably would have mentioned it on here as a warning or asking what to do, I reckon they would also speak to mountune about the issue, possible causes, possible fixes before going for the refund.

You have no idea of the testing, what was involved, how long it took etc etc, so to say it was poor isn't fair on mountune.

Does the smartflash allow you to view error codes like the mtune does? Have you been able to view any error codes? Mountune would probably like to know if you have them, that doesn't mean suddenly become a test mule or guinea pig for them.

#83 ·
You had a contract with mountune as soon as you bought it, if you didnt have a contract with them they wouldnt have to refund you.

Youre re the only one that has mentioned an issue so far, out of all the members who have so far said theyve fitted it, if others had an issue they probably would have mentioned it on here as a warning or asking what to do, I reckon they would also speak to mountune about the issue, possible causes, possible fixes before going for the refund.

You have no idea of the testing, what was involved, how long it took etc etc, so to say it was poor isnt fair on mountune.

Does the smartflash allow you to view error codes like the mtune does? Have you been able to view any error codes? Mountune would probably like to know if you have them, that does mean suddenly become a test mule or guinea pig for them.
Any legal experts on here? I have not signed anything.
To me an engine warning light is serious in this context. Opinions may differ 👍🏼

#85 · (Edited by Moderator)
Any legal experts on here? I have not signed anything.
To me an engine warning light is serious in this context. Opinions may differ
You entered into a contract when you bought it, just like anything else you've bought in the excess of 30 years you've been about.

The light can come on for a lot of different reasons, some minor some major, until you read the code you won't know what it relates to, You didn't mention anything happens other than the light, you've swapped map and not mentioned if the light is still on, so I presume all's ok now, so it can't have been a serious issue.

#86 ·
Mine has covered 400 miles since fit no issues with the map. The only issue I've ever had with a map was the Mk7 mp215 throwing up an error when I fitted the sports cat, but I was fully aware and expecting that since the website even said it might occur….

I agree a quick chat with mountune first as the probably most likely reason is a loose boost pipe or something like that with the less powerful map not pushing the car enough to throw a fault.

#87 ·
You entered into a contract when you bought it, just like anything else youve bought in the excess of 30 years youve been about.

The light can come on for a lot of different reasons, some minor some major, until you read the code you wont know what it relates to, You didnt mention anything happens other than the light, youve swapped map and not mentioned if the light is still on, so I presume alls ok now, so it cant have been a serious issue.
Okay, I stand corrected if you are a legal expert.
Yep switched back to 235 and all works.

#90 ·
@Manny I'm sure when you calm down you will realise that a telephone call/email is the best way to approach this, have you checked all your hoses. Btw??

I understand your angry but if everyone just behaved like this the world would stop revolving… take your house for instance, the last two I've bought both has huge snag lists after a month one snag even caused a flood and emergency plumber… should I have demanded my money back or simply realised things can go wrong, sometimes beyond the control of the seller same with my Karcher K4 there is a little tang snapped should I send it back for a trivial item?

#91 ·
ive got more confidence in mountune than any other tuner tbh.

I dont know facts but im sure they do more testing than other tuners, i think thats why they were the last to bring out a stage 2 map. They could have brought one out ages ago and followed suit with all the other tuners, but despite the fact they were losing customers, who simply couldnt wait any longer for them to do a stage 2, they didnt rush it through.

Im thinking of just plumping for the 260 software and necessary hardware all in one go, and i have full confidence in the product.

#100 ·
Finally fitted the remaining item (Charge Pipe upgrade) of the MT recommended upgrades for the m260 map. My car needed the Charge Pipe that has the fitting for the re-circulating valve. Overall easy to fit but the most fiddly of all the MT upgrades I have done. Getting the short silicone pipe in just the right position so that it was fitted correctly but didn't rub against anything took a few attempts.

I was also on my drive with a trolley jack and axle stands - so a little bit tight on space under the car. Still a straightforward job even for a novice/home mechanic with the right tools.

#103 ·
There's been an interesting thread on the Facebook group where one of the guys reckons he did back-to-back dyno runs going from the m235 to the m260 maps. There was only a 3hp difference when going to m260. He supposedly had all the necessary hardware.
I haven't yet seen the final outcome of the conversation, so don't know what has happened, but all the same it was interesting reading.

#109 ·
If that's the case there cars faulty as like most people I know on here who've fitted the correct supporting mods there is a very noticeable power gain.

Out of interest fancy linking in that Facebook post as I'm interested to see what other tuners cars were making as most others regularly make 20 tko 30bhp less than claimed always put down to harsh (accurate) rolling roads....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.