Fiesta ST Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Ive just placed an order for a 3dr fiesta st line 140 in magnetic, with 17 5 spoke rock metallic alloys. Its through my works salary sacrifice scheme so I specked it up not to many options as it goes back in3 years bu from memory I requested the pack that gives cruise control, rear view camera,sat nav, privacy glass, and the door edge protectors cause they are cool as fu**.... 1st seen them on my pals focus Rs she was laughing at how amazed I was by them.. lol
Anyway Im really struggling to find a pic of what its going to look like. Can anyone help? Ive been searching google etc but Im not 100% sure what is what with the wheels etc. I mean I dont know if the 2017 is the same as 2018 has anyone got any pics??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying I did but the image quality didn’t seem very good and again I wasn’t sure if the wheels was right, I’ll maybe have to try again

·
Registered
247 Posts
Might be worth you trying to find a Fiesta forum and seeing if someone has got one on there although I'm not sure if any forums exist for the non ST trim levels?

The 2018 car is new, so not the same as the 2017 car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly not, tried a page on Facebook cause normally car forums are dying now but I thought a fiesta forum might be the place to see. Tried your search function as well

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ah there's your problem. You own an ST line, this is a forum for the ST's, not ST lines. The MK8 ST isn't out yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I just thought St’s aren’t really that special though they are just the new zetec s aren’t they? Not like an RS

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nope. The Zetec S trim level was renamed ST line as a marketing exercise by Ford. Like the Audi S line, BMW M Sport etc. the Zetec S/ST line is just a body kit and a few other trim options and that's just it. It's not an M3/M4/M5, Audi RS, Merc AMG or ST which are heavily upgraded versions with better Chassis, brakes, more powerful engines, body kit, different trim and extras.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh no I didn’t mean that offensively. Are they not the new zetec s then? I had a mk5 fiesta zetec s and it was an awesome car

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I think I got it now my last cars was a bmw m135i and the M snobs hated it being classed as M, so I take it the st has much more power than the 140 yeah

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oh no I didn't mean that offensively. Are they not the new zetec s then? I had a mk5 fiesta zetec s and it was an awesome car
Yes you're right, so it used to run:

ST
Zetec S
Titanium
Studio
(Something like that)

Now it goes:
ST
ST line
Titanium X
Titanium
Somethingelseicantremember

The problem is people think they've bought an "ST" when they pick the "ST line" and they haven't. BMW is worst brand for it, I've tripped over loads of people who think their 320d M Sport is an M3...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok I think I got it now my last cars was a bmw m135i and the M snobs hated it being classed as M, so I take it the st has much more power than the 140 yeah
Yep, so the ST will have one engine only at circa 200bhp(ish, to be confirmed), a different body kit to the ST line but not too dissimilar, retuned lowered suspension, different tyres, different interior trim, different trim levels (ST-1/ST-2/ST-3), different wheels etc etc to make it the fastest, most fun to drive version of the ST.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I say both my last cars was a manual m135 then I got an auto one. But I’m not bothered about it not being an st I just went for it as it was mega cheap monthly. So how much power does an st have? Or I suppose I could just check google.

·
Registered
247 Posts
For the Mk7, which is no longer in production, its 180bhp with an over boost to 197bhp and a warranty friendly option through Mountune to go up to 215bhp.

The Mk8 power output hasn't been confirmed yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeezo..... what have ford done.. a tuning box will probably put the st line to 200bhp
Kinda glad I just have an st line now. Cheers for all the info

·
Registered
247 Posts
The 1.0L ecoboost needs a fair bit of new hardware to get to the same power output as the ST. A similar amount of tuning on the larger ST engine could get you up to 260ish BHP. Comparing a tuned car to a non tuned car is pointless and thinking the ST is about extra horsepower is also pointless. If we wanted a car with lots of power for the same money we wouldn't have bought the ST...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But I just don't get how you think the st is so much superior to an st line you say a different chassis well it's the same chassis cause it's a fiesta.. ok so it will have better suspension and 40bhp more, the seats don't look much different neither does the bumpers or anything.
I would totally agree if it was an RS but it is just an st.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.