Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All, currently I own a mk5 fiesta Zetec S and a member of ZSOC, recently attended FITP if anyone was there,

Anyway now ive gained a years NCB and gone into full time work from uni im looking for something both newer and faster,

Been to look at a pre facelift 05 plate ST today, its up at £5,395, 10 months MOT, 40k miles, VGC,

Is this price about right? Thinking about getting it tomorrow or Friday, What can be done to them performance wise?

Also is it possible to add some of the features of the face lift models? E.g. change the front lights and add the trip computer screen?

Anything to look out for before buying ?

Any advice would be great

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hey m8, welcome to the club.

With regards to price, they can vary quite alot depending on spec and the area you live. Where abouts are you? You should be able to haggle at get some money off the car as well. I got £800 off my 58 plate.

Mods wise depends on your budget. Performance your looking at a full exhaust and air filter as starters, then cams (possibly inlet) and custom map and you could be near 200bhp. Cosmetic wise, add some springs or coilovers, splitter etc.

Mite be worth just getting a facelift version if you want to change the lights and trip comp etc. I think the facelifts lights and dash etc look loads better. Try looking on autotrader/pistonheads there is loads on there. Dont rush into buying one either, make sure you look around so you know wot u can get for your money first.

Matt

·
Registered
37 Posts
mines a 2005 too, but i got mine 35k on the clock, for £4200 and there was no problems at all with it, accept a little scratch on the wing mirror cover...

apparently mine also has face lift headlights, and there is a forum around abouts on here on how too change the dash board, but not sure if thats for 05 models...

Great cars though

·
Registered
38 Posts
Price seems ok, try and get it down to 5k or something. I got mine 2 months ago, and i love it!

You will feel a fair difference in performance from the ZS aswell.

I also want the facelift headlights and trip computer on mine but i've been told its more hassle than it's worth. (If anyone knows how to do it, drop me a PM)

Anyway good luck with the car, you won't be dissapointed!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some really good replies guys, cant wait to get mine now, will try and get him down to 5k, see how that goes, glad someone mentioned about it being noticeably faster than the ZS, be happy with that :D

what's the situation like with meets? many take place in the Midlands? what about national ones like FITP?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Some really good replies guys, cant wait to get mine now, will try and get him down to 5k, see how that goes, glad someone mentioned about it being noticeably faster than the ZS, be happy with that :D

what's the situation like with meets? many take place in the Midlands? what about national ones like FITP?
Its best to check the regional forums to see wot meets are coming up. it tends to vary where abouts you are for how many meets there are. Where bouts in midlands are you?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Welcome mate,

There's a face lift ST on here in blue with 31k for £5,000!they do vary loads,it's worth looking around and checking out what's about.

The face lift ST has a different dash,stereo,clocks,head lights and they tend to make a tad more power about 8bhp more.so I've been told by many a tuner.

You should notice a difference in performance,but standard they are very restricted!first thing to do is get a k&n 57i as they help loads!can give 10bhp.then just go for a full exhaust don't mess about with flexi pipes..you don't see bug gains unless you get rid of the manifold etc.cams really help,give you that nice cammy feel.also notice the cam change at 4,000 ish rpm.

Then you can add a Cosworth inlet,with all the following and a 60mm throttle body and a re map you will see 200bhp.

If you have money to spend there's bolt on supercharger kit that work very well and give Huges gains! Just a full exhaust and a supercharger give 260bhp!you can run a max of 330bhp on the standard fez bottom end.I've pushed that to 333bhp lol but it's great fun.

You can turbo,which is also good....just no real bolt on kit.it's more a build it to your spec if you wana turbo.

I would deffo say look for a face lift,nothing wrong with a 05 but they face lift is just a tad better.

If you get stuck mate drop me a pm and I will be more then happy to help.

Lee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My search ended up with me buying this beauty today, paid £5,100, has 45k miles, FSH and 10 month MOT, So will be putting the ZS for sale soon,

Tbh, not a fan of open air filters, with the heat soak and everything, can you get pannel filters for these like the ZS? if so would the gains be as much as 10bhp?

·
Registered
860 Posts
looks nice! so much wheelgap tho!
finally somone with sense about open air filters! a ggr cais is a good one, but its ******* expensive! you wont get much on the way of gains with a panel filter, but in the real world, you'll have lower Iet's and better peformance, dispite what people say!
(no lovely induction noise tho!

if you did want a k+n i'm selling one, but i feel the above options are far better! have you got any pics of your zs?

there are plenty of local meets in your are i'm sure, we also go to national events. you must of seen the stoc stand at fitp!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks nice! so much wheelgap tho!
finally somone with sense about open air filters! a ggr cais is a good one, but its ******* expensive! you wont get much on the way of gains with a panel filter, but in the real world, you'll have lower Iet's and better peformance, dispite what people say!
(no lovely induction noise tho!

if you did want a k+n i'm selling one, but i feel the above options are far better! have you got any pics of your zs?

there are plenty of local meets in your are i'm sure, we also go to national events. you must of seen the stoc stand at fitp!!
Haha mate i saw it! i was at FITP :D

ill PM you about the filter bud

As for the ZS pics .........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts