Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My names danny, had my ST since sep 07. its in Performance blue with the side strips only. I have lowered it by 30mm on eibach springs (sorry bout spelling lol). I want to do some more mods now as i have some money to spend and wants some more speed :).
Im thinking of the following:

1. 4-1 manifold with de-cat
2. Throttle Bodys
3. cosworth road racing cams
4. ported/ polished head

What sort of power should i be looking with these mods? if any1 has any suggestions/ advice please say. Also gonna upgrade my front brakes, ive heard that the mondeo ST or focus RS calipers fit, is these true?

Look forward to comments

Dan

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Greetings to another south-eastern member

Welcome to the STOC club

Where in the London - South-East you from?

Westy

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hi all,
My names danny, had my ST since sep 07. its in Performance blue with the side strips only. I have lowered it by 30mm on eibach springs (sorry bout spelling lol). I want to do some more mods now as i have some money to spend and wants some more speed :).
Im thinking of the following:

1. 4-1 manifold with de-cat
2. Throttle Bodys
3. cosworth road racing cams
4. ported/ polished head

What sort of power should i be looking with these mods? if any1 has any suggestions/ advice please say. Also gonna upgrade my front brakes, ive heard that the mondeo ST or focus RS calipers fit, is these true?

Look forward to comments

Dan
welcome to the club mate. Good start with the mods so far. iv got some eibachs that i need to get round to fitting.

A good place to start with mods is the change the full exhaust (manifold, cat and catback) and change the std airbox for a K&n filter (or depending on budget go for a enclosed filter like Mountune/GGR). With these mods, plus a set of cossie cams and a custom map you will be looking at 185+.

Not sure if the ported/polished head is worthwhile, it all depends wot other mods you gonna do as i think its quite expensive (i may be wrong so someone may correct me)

With regards to the brakes the cheapest route is 300mm set up for the fronts. This consists of mondeo 300mm caliper/carriers from any mk3 mondeo (dont pay more for ST ones as they the same as LX ones), mondeo mk3 pads and a set of st170 discs. All these can be sourced for under £100

Hope this helps

Matt

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Yeah the 300mm brake upgrade or focus rs mk1 brake upgrade can be done.

For what you would pay on throttle bodies you might as well spend the cash on a 2nd hand charger. You will get much more power

1 - 15 of 15 Posts