Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Was supposed to be at our Hylands park photoshoot, a no show to that as well. YAWN.

Am I the only one that felt embarrased for our LACK of reps @ FITP? BOTH didn't go. YAWN.

I see him come online on here & he just doesn't post! Not even on our past threads, not even taking the time to say/contribute "looks like a good meet guys" etc etc. Nothing. YAWN.

Thats my opinion. ;)

Rant over.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
i can vouch for claire and FITP, she was at a better show
the london to brighton mini run

agreed with gina tho

i bet nicks clocked up more scooter meets that STOC ones tbh....

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
while i was the one to start the thread about Nick, it was more wondering about his whereabouts than anything. Reps have lifes, have different tastes etc, its just he's disappeared since the 8ball diner meet? If i had a Mini and a Fiesta, i know i would have been at Brighton for sure...

We dont need a rep to do everything for us but it was a shame not to at least see him, and Clare is being really unfair jetting off to 30c+ weather! :(.

Im going to try to help organise stuff too, for instance photo meets or trackdays. Dan organised a great meet at Grasshopper, and now Brooklands so you dont need to be a Rep to do something.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Claire comes to nearly every meet (the last HWH it was just me Claire and Chris), shes on holiday at the mo and like Burty said Claire was at London to Brighton mini instead of FITP. Not sure about Nick but I'm sure he's got a valid reason.

·
Club Member
235 Posts
Hello all,

Well I suppose this is the final nail in the coffin that now makes me say goodbye to you all as L&SE Rep.

I apologise for not being at the last couple of meets, if you would like reasons then I can give them, but if people are so concerned/annoyed/frustrated/or have a grievance a simple PM would do, I don't think a public thread was needed (I'm sure intentions were good Adam, thank you).

As for not being on the forum much, I have never been on the forum much, I've always tried to base myself at meets and talk to people face to face, but I've obviously failed with that lately.

I have considered stepping down before, a few months ago, to give a more 'active' member a chance at taking the club forward, but was asked to give it another go and see if I can shake myself up a bit. I have tried, but going on some comments from members I have failed.

I only really want what is best for this club and at the moment I'm not part of the solution, so must be part of the problem. Therefore it will now be time for the Clare and the STOC staff to sort out the possible position for a new rep. I know that Clare is away from the forum for a short while but I know that things will get rolling when she returns.

Thanks to all those that have supported me, and made my time as L&SE regional rep a pleasurable one.

Nick

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think its a massive shame that you will be stepping down, I hope you will still be coming to as many meets as you can

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry Nick, this thread wasn't meant to cause this result. I merely wondered where you was. Its always been great talking to you *AT* meets, and you came up with some good ideas. Was a shame not to see you at Grasshopper, as its always good to chat. I've kinda agreed with your attitude in the past, where you say you joined a car club, not a internet forum, however thats makes it difficult for some people to get to know you etc?

Sorry Fella :(

·
Club Member
235 Posts
Thanks Adam, really thats not the way I have seen this thread. It just merely brought forward a decision I've been sitting on for a while.

I will still be coming to as many meets as I have in the past, just not in a rep capacity.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
plus you seemed to have the same likes as me.... like long range trips etc, which no one else on here seems to have.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
oi oi nick, shame to see ya go mate. hope to see ya at a few meets.

adam what ya complaing about fuel for. everyone knows tesco wadges are good lol

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Sad to see you stepping down Nick

Just wanna say a BIG thanks for all you efforts that when into the AMD Rolling Road Day! It was a fantastic day for all!
Oh thanks for the trophies too

Hope to see you around soon mate!

Craig.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Was supposed to be at our Hylands park photoshoot, a no show to that as well. YAWN.

Am I the only one that felt embarrased for our LACK of reps @ FITP? BOTH didn't go. YAWN.

I see him come online on here & he just doesn't post! Not even on our past threads, not even taking the time to say/contribute "looks like a good meet guys" etc etc. Nothing. YAWN.

Thats my opinion. ;)

Rant over.
Perhaps a little support for your local reps wouldn't go a miss.

It is easy to complain, but perhaps sometimes it is best not to say things on the open forum and PM instead if you are not happy.

The reps are there to liase on your behalf to the club staff and help organise events for the local members, but when they do and get little support or attendance then that is down to the members, not the reps.
I have only ever seen you once at a local meet, which has always been well attended, and have been aware that you have not attended many events that have been organized by the reps, no doubt you have been active at other events, which is your prerogative.

There is no requirement that any rep has to attend shows, why should they? They are there for the local group not national events. In the long run it is the members that make up the region.

I would like to say that Nick done a great job while rep and was always great at welcoming new members that turned up to Halfway House meets.
It is also good see that someone doesn't have to be on the forum all the time to be an asset to the club and region, as it is a car club and being out in the car it what it is all about.

Good luck Nick and hope to still see you at meets and events.

Chris.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts