Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Fiesta ST Edition
28 Posts
Is it me or are Ford making their new range look too chirpy? Previous models of the Focus and Fiesta had a menacing/gritty look and I liked that. Now it just feels like they're apologising for genderising some snowflake

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Is it me or are Ford making their new range look too chirpy? Previous models of the Focus and Fiesta had a menacing/gritty look and I liked that. Now it just feels like they're apologising for genderising some snowflake
why have BMW made all of theirs look like rats / Bugs Bunny with their new colossal grilles? Fiesta it is......MX5 it's not :). But I do agree it doesn't appear to be so menacing as they were. Gone are the days of every car looking like the "No Fear" logo

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks to Ford.de I've managed to get a better image of how my order's going to look. Gotta say the badges are going to be married off with a can of plasti dip straight away!, and im really looking forward to seeing those new seats inside....Honestly think ive made the best choice in black on this one.

View attachment 584541
View attachment 584547
View attachment 584546
View attachment 584544
View attachment 584543
View attachment 584545
View attachment 584542
I agree @ST_Steve73, I have gone for the Pano roof in Agate Black and can't wait to start polishing it! Five doors for me though, three door motor does look excellent👍🏻

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I wonder how easy it would be to de-badge the front grill, will have impatiently wait and see👍🏻
Unless they've changed the method of fixing for the mk8.5, very easy. A hairdryer, credit card and some methylated spirit did mine in no time at all.

Again the new 'cuddly' grille may be different but you need to consider what is underneath the badge. The mk8 has a raised ST outline you'll be left with.

I covered mine with an enamel union flag but you might want to think about a black 'over sticker' rather than removal, freely available on Amazon/Ebay etc.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Unless they've changed the method of fixing for the mk8.5, very easy. A hairdryer, credit card and some methylated spirit did mine in no time at all.

Again the new 'cuddly' grille may be different but you need to consider what is underneath the badge. The mk8 has a raised ST outline you'll be left with.

I covered mine with an enamel union flag but you might want to think about a black 'over sticker' rather than removal, freely available on Amazon/Ebay etc.
You could also buy the ST Line front grille, then you wont have to worry about the blank space behind the badge.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts

I know it's slightly different as the Edition is black outlined but I'm still adding a dark carbon look "ST" overlay to cover the red. I just think the red looks a bit odd compared to the blue and black body work.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I know it's slightly different as the Edition is black outlined but I'm still adding a dark carbon look "ST" overlay to cover the red. I just think the red looks a bit odd compared to the blue and black body work.
It's all an individual thing I know, but there are also different coloured overlays if that's anyone's bag... to match up with the body colour.

There are many reasons why folk might want to debadge, mask, tone down or pimp up their badges. For me a total debadge was to try and throw the more stupid end of the criminal fraternity and to stop Audi and BMW badges appearing too close in the rear view mirror. It certainly works on that score 👍

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Got a link please?
It was these although I can't comment on fitment until the car eventually arrives.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
It's all an individual thing I know, but there are also different coloured overlays if that's anyone's bag... to match up with the body colour.

There are many reasons why folk might want to debadge, mask, tone down or pimp up their badges. For me a total debadge was to try and throw the more stupid end of the criminal fraternity and to stop Audi and BMW badges appearing too close in the rear view mirror. It certainly works on that score 👍

You'll never stop a tailgating Vauxhall though. They even try to antagonise my Mrs into a race in her C Max

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I wonder how easy it would be to de-badge the front grill, will have impatiently wait and see👍🏻
Well, ive started to talk to a chap on FB and he works at Ford....Only happens to be a mean green press car in his mits.... The pics he has have really helped me get a better understanding of the front grille....So...yes it's moulded, so anyone that wants badge-less will have to wait. HOWEVER.....The design does mean that you would be able to put a gel overlay round the chrome edges should you wish, rather than getting the plasti-dip out. ...as for the seats!.......they looked proper sexy in my opinion.
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, ive started to talk to a chap on FB and he works at Ford....Only happens to be a mean green press car in his mits.... The pics he has have really helped me get a better understanding of the front grille....So...yes it's moulded, so anyone that wants badge-less will have to wait. HOWEVER.....The design does mean that you would be able to put a gel overlay round the chrome edges should you wish, rather than getting the plasti-dip out. ...as for the seats!.......they looked proper sexy in my opinion. View attachment 584681
Are there any more photos of the press car you can share? I’ve got a green ST3 on order and trying to convince myself I’ve made the right decision!😄

·
Registered
5 Posts
This seat design looks miles better than the reveal. The front end too. Must admit the facelift is really growing on me, I’m starting to really like it which is good as I have one on order! Interestingly, it looks as if this has powerfold mirrors, maybe we’ll see spec restoration sooner rather than later? 😃

21 - 40 of 83 Posts