Fiesta ST Forums banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
It’s a shame as there is heritage in the Recaro name, I can only assume it’s a cost thing.
I don't disagree with that statement but I must say the most comfortable seats I have sat in in a Ford were in house.
RS1600i Ah those were the days!

I would not be surprised if cost was a factor as it always is, but the Recaros also came under some criticism too, they are comfortable for most but many found them to pinch or a bit 'snug' and there was also quite a few that suffered with sagging cloth (maybe ST2?) So it could also be Ford have listened to the customers?

Brown Shoe Comfort Chair Auto part

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I don't disagree with that statement but I must say the most comfortable seats I have sat in in a Ford were in house.
RS1600i Ah those were the days!

I would not be surprised if cost was a factor as it always is, but the Recaros also came under some criticism too, they are comfortable for most but many found them to pinch or a bit 'snug' and there was also quite a few that suffered with sagging cloth (maybe ST2?) So it could also be Ford have listened to the customers?

View attachment 584692

Very comfortable and extremely rare Scheel seats. The material it self must be some of the best ever found in a Ford.

The 80s Recaros are are practically orthopaedic, my Mrs has always suffered a bad back and as often just gone and sat in the RS for some relief. The seats currently live in the spare bedroom while the never-ending rebuild drags on, so it's a little easier for her. She is looking forward to the new ST Recaros as she didn't do well the ST150 seats after an hour or so.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST Edition
28 Posts
Not a fan of the new front grill look at all - it's too much like the Puma, and the head rests on the new front seats look like sad eyeless alien faces - almost like Squidward after meeting a headhunter:

Update: quickly edited the image to add sad alien eyes...

Automotive design Automotive lighting Car Grey Vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
The alloys will be interesting to see in the flesh - I didn't like the pics of the original MK8 alloys but love them now! Overall front not sold on but wait to see.

Chin spoiler looks good, does anyone know if it it will retrofit?

Those seats though are shocking, the Recaros are what makes the current interior. Such a shame they have got rid.

·
<3 Blue
4,211 Posts
Ditto.

I think it's a generational thing Ken... experienced gentlemen can consistently find the fun button while the boys just fumble about clueless leading to disappointment 😉
How very true young man.......

Seriously though, why would you pay a shed load more money just for the button to be in a different place.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
How very true young man.......

Seriously though, why would you pay a shed load more money just for the button to be in a different place.
My wife always spotted when I reached down to change to Sport. Much better on the wheel where changing would go completely unnoticed....
(Although completely negated if the digital clocks change colour :ROFLMAO: )

61 - 80 of 83 Posts