Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was tinkering with the rear number plate lights (fitting LEDs in place of the standard bulbs) and one of the clips that holds the assembly sprung into the boot lid! I've tried using a magnetic wand type thing but no luck - I think it's in the middle section which is partially blocked off (at least that's what it feels like when I rummage around with my fingers).

I could buy a new assembly for £16, but then I'll always have a rattle in the boot from the lost clip so ideally I'd like it out!

Any suggestions? Has anyone removed this part of the boot (where the number plate lights are)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
you can remove the trim on the inside of the boot lid (there are a couple of torx screws in either corner and one by the handle iirc) and it's held in by 6 or so clips. when this is off you should be able to cover the magnet in cloth and hopefully fish out the clip from the inside. Be careful of the clips holding on the boot lid trim though, they come off pretty easily

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, hadn't even considered removing the inner part of the boot lining. Will have a look at it tonight - thanks. For anyone else considering upgrading the number plate LED's, it may just be quicker and easier to get something like these !

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ah, hadn't even considered removing the inner part of the boot lining. Will have a look at it tonight - thanks. For anyone else considering upgrading the number plate LED's, it may just be quicker and easier to get something like these !
Yeah those type last a lot longer as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts