Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the ST out for a short drive this afternoon. Lorry came along the road in the opposite direction at some speed, kicked up a stone and cracked my screen. I can cover it with a 5p coin so Autoglass are coming out tomorrow to fix it. Hope the repair will not affect the heated front screen

·
Registered
576 Posts
Be careful as with some insurance companies, if your windscreen gets replaced, you may have to pay for the heated window, most are just a standard windscreen. (My dad does windscreens and this is an issue he warned me about.. check your policy)

·
<3 Blue
4,183 Posts
Be careful as with some insurance companies, if your windscreen gets replaced, you may have to pay for the heated window, most are just a standard windscreen. (My dad does windscreens and this is an issue he warned me about.. check your policy)
Most of the top names will replace like for like......although you'll have to pay a hefty excess of course.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Most of the top names will replace like for like......although you'll have to pay a hefty excess of course.
[/quote]

Madpig is right, alot of the bigger insurance companies will, but again might be a bigger excess rather than just £50 or £75. just remember its £500 for a heated windscreen if buying yourself.. about £250 for a normal one!

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
What the F?! It's always been like-for-like, I guess this is another scam they're now looking to adopt.
insurance companies, I wish death on them all

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/quote]

£100 on my policy. Same as a normal screen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts