Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I have committed to buying an ST after my Z4 dilemma. My budget is around 9k give or take. Prices seem to be a bit all over the place, but from having looked at quite a few ads it appears my budget I can get a 2013/2014 with around 40k on the clock, or 2015/2016 with around 60k+.on the clock.

What would be the best option? I'll be coming from a Z4 which has cost my thousands in repair bills this past year. Which am I likely to be paying the least out on for repairs - Newer year with higher mileage or the older year with lower mileage?

I've also seen on a few ads and under the bonnet the screws all appear rusted... how bad is rust on these cars, is it something to worry about?

Averaging 10k miles per year... what sort of repair bills should I expect for both options respectively?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Sometimes it’s not about year and mileage, I’d look at MOT history, this can tell you a lot about whether the car has been looked after or not. Don’t let fails put you off completely, it just depends what they are for. Mine failed last year, I knew it would as I had a funny feeling a spring had snapped.. but I have a used car warranty on it which covers MOT failures (within reason).

Sometimes a newer car could cost you more than an older car. I’d try and look at service history too, I’m sure a 13/14 plate would be due/nearly due a timing belt and water pump change shortly… take that into consideration too, if it’s overdue and hasn’t been done, it could be a telltale that it hasn’t really been cared for.

As I put in another thread (can’t remember if it was you or not) but if you’re a bit cross country and need someone to look at a car you’re interested in, I’m sure a member would be willing to do it, not sure where you are, but if there’s any around the Middlesbrough area I’d be happy to do it 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I bought a 2015 64 plate st2 with 18.5k on the clock. Had her 2 1/2 years and now at 43k. So far just the normal wear and tear items have needed replacing eg. Tyres, discs and pads.
Had a good look underneath and the only rusty bits are the rear axle and front subframe. Floors are mint. And when I say rusty it's only surface rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts