Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
i would think if some extra performance is important, that a stage 1 st would be more than a match tbh.
I remember reading somebody saying they had a stage 1 ST and it kept up with is friends Focus RS in repeated roll on tests, not quite sure about that myself but it shows how much performance can be gained easily.

Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
i would think if some extra performance is important, that a stage 1 st would be more than a match tbh.
I remember reading somebody saying they had a stage 1 ST and it kept up with is friends Focus RS in repeated roll on tests, not quite sure about that myself but it shows how much performance can be gained easily.
Well if my MK3.5 ST diesel automatic with kinda stage 1 setup wasnt letting an RS catch it from a 30kmh roll to 120kmh... Every time the RS started to close the gap he had to change gear and ST pulled away. If diesel ST can do that (ok, dct vs manual but still), I dont think a petrol with a proper stage 1 setup is going to have that much trouble keeping up.

Premium Member
I've made the change. Had the PE for 14 months and due to pick up the focus ST Edition early this week. Just a couple of points, my mind was made up when I viewed focus Edition, a real stunner, and secondly, the dealer offered me more than I paid for the PE which is just sealed the deal.

Super Moderator
Rolling, I can believe it. Off the line, na. Golf R, S3/4, A35/45 etc (anything AWD) only really have their advantage off the line.

Like I said earlier, my CP2 Mk7 is pretty much same pace (legal speeds) as an S4 when rolling. Up past UK speed limits that extra power will then come into its own as we all know the whole "air becomes like treacle" analogy and the amount of horsepower needs to sharply rise to overcome it.

So, 99% of the time, in the UK, a wee Fiesta is all you really need.

Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
Rolling, I can believe it. Off the line, na. Golf R, S3/4, A35/45 etc (anything AWD) only really have their advantage off the line.

Like I said earlier, my CP2 Mk7 is pretty much same pace (legal speeds) as an S4 when rolling. Up past UK speed limits that extra power will then come into its own as we all know the whole "air becomes like treacle" analogy and the amount of horsepower needs to sharply rise to overcome it.

So, 99% of the time, in the UK, a wee Fiesta is all you really need.
Yep. 4wd from the dig... And the second big thing that people always forget especially with manual cars is shift points. Yes a Golf R or any DCT car with 4wd will eat FWD cars for lunch in 0-100kph numbers as big part of time is spent on those first few meters getting off the line. But the truth is that they are much closer than people think. For example on Fiestas you its not just one shift accelerating 0-100kph. You get to ~90kph until you run out of revs and need to grab 3rd and that takes up a lot of time against the clock. In real life where acceleration doesnt sharply just cut of at 100kph the difference is a lot smaller. For example MK3.5 Focus RS has 0-100kph just under 5seconds, a MK8 M235 Fiesta has 0-100 time of just under 6seconds. That one shift does make a lot of that time difference. And against DCT cars its a bit bigger difference but still not as big of a difference that people think. Of course FWD is much harder to get off the line properly but if you do it correctly its not that far off. In Finland the motorway speed is 120kmh, so slowly rolling up to a motorway ramp and gunning same time a tuned ST can keep up quite well with RS until the 120kph or thereabouts but if theyd keep on going the RS would start pulling away with the power advangate.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I've made the change. Had the PE for 14 months and due to pick up the focus ST Edition early this week. Just a couple of points, my mind was made up when I viewed focus Edition, a real stunner, and secondly, the dealer offered me more than I paid for the PE which is just sealed the deal.
Yeah they offered me 3.5k positive equity on my ST Edition, madness & it's what tempted me, I still think it's not a bad choice but I'm equally convinced I'm perfectly happy with my fiesta so if boredom sets in I'll be asking for a good mountune fitter in my area lol.

Enjoy your focus & please share when you collect it!

Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
Having just thrown the stage 2 Revo at my Edition, I'd totally say it can handle a bit more power. For those that don't want to go quite as daft as me (probably most people 馃槀) I'd reckon most of the reputable stage 1 maps would be great.

Also, it kills me a little inside every time I talk about mapping in 'stages'

Premium Member
Yep.

Stages of tune are a marketing tool at best. We used to just say "it's been chipped".
Stage 1 used to be air filter and exhaust. Manifold and cam for stage 2 and head (also in various stages) for stage three.
At least we've moved away from group A this and that fitted to 80s and 90s hot hatches.

Premium Member
Having just thrown the stage 2 Revo at my Edition, I'd totally say it can handle a bit more power. For those that don't want to go quite as daft as me (probably most people 馃槀) I'd reckon most of the reputable stage 1 maps would be great.

i kind of agree, we all know the ST remaps all taper off after 5500 revs, if we could have more power up there, so the power is actually climbing all the way to the redline, then that would be great and the car could handle that no problems, but from my perspective at least, in the low and mid range i don't want any more power or torque.
I have the M260 which is the lowest torque supposedly of any stage 2 remap, but its already in excess of what you need i think, any gear and any rpm's, if you floor it, its just off.
I came from an S3 8v 310 ps with dsg , and ok the S3 would kill it from 0 - 60 but im convinced the fiesta is actually the faster car now, i hope i dont get laughed at for that, but if you work out the power to weight ratio for both torque and bhp the fiesta has the higher power to weight ratio.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Be proud of me folks, I got a call today offering one last stab before they agreed to send the car to another dealer, with an additional 拢300 on th px and monthly payments reduced another 拢20. I stayed firm and kept my fiesta :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts