Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I’d have a good look in the engine bay for signs of previous modifications, and also at the exhaust to make sure it hasn’t had the stock one put back on in a quick manner. I’ve heard stories of people buying Fez’s with maps still on the car and leaky exhausts, all without Ford bothering to check! 👎 I’d hate to buy a car with the warranty ruined and then have to argue with Ford that it wasn’t me that did it!

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Exhaust is not covered by warranty.
👍 okay…but it could cause issues on an MOT though right? My point was that he should just check all those sorts of things. If I’m buying a car that is only a couple of years old, I would prefer it to be stock and not molested. Also, when I contacted Ford about changing my exhaust, they advised me not to, as it actually could affect the warranty.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Exhaust is not covered by warranty.
Actually, so if I was to fall victim to the dodgy/squeaky valve issue, I wouldn’t be able to get that fixed under warranty?? I know of a couple of people that have had a full exhaust system replaced under warranty, or am I missing something here?!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
That's poor if correct, a brand new exhaust system should not fail within 3 years. Back in the day exhausts fell off or apart regularly but not these days. I'd seriously question if they were of 'merchantable quality' for the purposes of the sales of goods act now.

Perhaps the rejections are where people have (as @Tsotsi8787 so beautifully put it) 'molested' their stock exhaust. My dealership certainly had no quibble covering an exhaust sensor under warranty and I'd be demanding some 'shirts off justice' in the car park if the pipes or silencers bust on their own accord and they didn't cover it.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Don't see that mentioned here
So an exhaust system would be covered if its a manufacturing fault and not caused by improper servicing or use. And crucially in the exemptions...
  • Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or its components.
I suspect that's where any warranty refusals have arisen previously.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
So an exhaust system would be covered if its a manufacturing fault and not caused by improper servicing or use. And crucially in the exemptions...
  • Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or its components.
I suspect that's where any warranty refusals have arisen previously.
Alas, my point about just having a good look around the car…👍

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,088 Posts
Alas, my point about just having a good look around the car…👍
Yep. Especially as many dealers are afraid of tuned cars (and they have a proper reason for it) and might not be as understanding about Mountune being the "OK" brand to have with Fords without it destroying the cars value. So if Id have wanted to I could have easily removed all the modifications and sold it as stock as I have all the parts in a box (exhaust, shifter and stock filter box and filter). Thankfully I didnt need to as I got a almost fair price for it when I traded it in even when they wont budge on the prices of "nicer" EV:s here in Finland.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts