Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have the panoramic roof I think you would be really hard pushed to tell the difference between the two. Maybe on a track back to back there might be a couple of tenths in it, but really wouldn't be able to tell I think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only opted for the pano roof so I had a chimney for my vape clouds 🤷🏻‍♂
Haha fair enough
I have the panoramic roof I think you would be really hard pushed to tell the difference between the two. Maybe on a track back to back there might be a couple of tenths in it, but really wouldn't be able to tell I think.
Yeah I've seen some 0-60 runs and it seems like the pan roof makes zero difference . Maybe on track with handling but I'm sure with the performance back its negligible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I believe this is somewhat relevant to consider getting/or not a pano roof (I already ordered mine with).
Bellow is a FB post on to the FiST group stating that the pano roof broke while driving a straight normal road.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mk8stoc/permalink/619803075508629/

Is the first time I read that this have happened, dunno if there are any other fellas/galls that encountered such bad luck or the rate is really low and that person had really bad luck.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I believe this is somewhat relevant to consider getting/or not a pano roof (I already ordered mine with).
Bellow is a FB post on to the FiST group stating that the pano roof broke while driving a straight normal road.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mk8stoc/permalink/619803075508629/

Is the first time I read that this have happened, dunno if there are any other fellas/galls that encountered such bad luck or the rate is really low and that person had really bad luck.

I've done just under 23k miles with a pano roof and had no problems whatsoever so I think its just bad luck.

There are others on here who are fellow pano's so perhaps they can shed some light on there experiences?

·
<3 Blue
4,172 Posts
8500 miles here on a pano roof and no issues.

Over 12500 miles on pano roofs in Janet's last two ST Line X Fiestas and no issues.

No rattles or squeaks.... just a few crackles when the roof is frozen.

Just that lovely breath of fresh air seeping through when the temperature gets above 5 or 6 degrees!

Oh and when you have a white car like mine the black pano roof complete with the black tinted windows finish the car off so to speak.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Got the pano roof on mine, being a black car you don't notice it much externally. I personally wouldn't have specced it, but I bought an existing order with all the toys on... Now I really like it!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
No rattles or other noises either on mine. Unless it's iced up and the ice/snow make some noise when it melts.

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
Care to elaborate?

Surely it would be an option otherwise, on the "Performance" edition, which has lighter wheels and better suspension to make it perform better...
Were there any options on the PE?

More likely a cost issue, another £600 on top of an already high RRP, they would also have sales info which would show them what options are more popular, I'd say LED headlights are more popular than the pan roof.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Were there any options on the PE?

More likely a cost issue, another £600 on top of an already high RRP, they would also have sales info which would show them what options are more popular, Id say LED headlights are more popular than the pan roof.
Agree, cost not performance.. The PE edition was just a gimmick to sell units.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,534 Posts
Agree, cost not performance.. The PE edition was just a gimmick to sell units.
Cost? It came with everything else pretty much equipped?? To add the weight of a light adult 600mm above the CofG to me is the reason as they would no longer be able to call it a performance edition if a standard ST2 with Diff was faster round the track!!!!

·
<3 Blue
4,172 Posts
To add the weight of a light adult 600mm above the CofG to me is the reason as they would no longer be able to call it a performance edition if a standard ST2 with Diff was faster round the track!!!!
I bet the difference (if any) is negligible; it's just nice to have that breath of fresh air in the winter and to be able to have the roof totally open in the summer. Takes me back to my youth with my hair blowing in the wind.......

Anyone remember the summer of 1976? I was a mere boy that year with my hair flowing out of the back of my helmet as I rode my 350 twin Honda around the streets of Leicestershire......

1 - 20 of 83 Posts