Fiesta ST Forums banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
No special news just another MOTpassed, she’s getting on a bit and the only thing of note from the tester was a loose heat shield. Only 900 miles since the last test so I shouldn’t really of been surprised it passed.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Not much of an update, car passed its MOT today but with an advisory for both rear beam mounting brackets. Rusty but not to the point of being dangerous. So I’ll drop the axle give them a freshen up and fit some poly bushes while I’m at it. Just over 2k miles in 12 months which seems to be the average for the last 5 or so years.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Pretty eventful weekend, went out to the shops and dropped the drivers side window down (because I could) pulled up outside of the shops and would the window go back up! Would it ****!.

2 hours later and lots of swearing and the door is gutted and the window is held up by steel cable ties. As it transpired the previous owner has done a number on the inner door card and window regulator which has made them pretty much unfix able. So a furious hr later with a lot of messages and offers to breakers on the bay of e and I have a whole door in the correct colour and working order winging its way to me. works out that it's cheaper to buy the whole thing than buy the parts and it has 1 positive, the drivers door has had a crease dent next to the handle since I've owned it (not any more) silver lining and all that.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
So folks I've hit a bit of a dilemma, due to the current climate the promised company car has turned into a company pool car which means my bag of bolts Mk6 has now become my daily. Now as much as I love the car and the 23-26 mpg that I normally get from it I'm wondering if I should move it on.

it's been bullet proof for the time I've had it and the only things that have gone wrong have either been because of my tinkering or due to the age of it, she's getting on a bit and at 14yrs old she's the oldest car that I haven't moved on by now.

So here's the thing, I've only ever sat in a mk7 st and hated it and I'm now thinking of joining the dark side, especially seeing as the the prices are coming down real quick by the looks of it.

i am due a trip up to see the family fairly soon so was thinking of spending a few penny's at DS and finishing of the FF inlet build but I'm now thinking save the money and put it into something a little shinier.

I suppose folks what I'm asking is what do you think? It's not money related at all and I really can't justify 3 cars in a 2 people family.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,646 Posts
So folks I've hit a bit of a dilemma, due to the current climate the promised company car has turned into a company pool car which means my bag of bolts Mk6 has now become my daily. Now as much as I love the car and the 23-26 mpg that I normally get from it I'm wondering if I should move it on. If you like the car and can afford the petrol then keep it! :thumbsup:

it's been bullet proof for the time I've had it and the only things that have gone wrong have either been because of my tinkering or due to the age of it, she's getting on a bit and at 14yrs old she's the oldest car that I haven't moved on by now. I might be wrong but you kept it this long because you liked it... if you swap it in then chances are you might after 6/12 months start regretting that decision and then have to start again but this time with a car whose history is a little less known to you...

So here's the thing, I've only ever sat in a mk7 st and hated it and I'm now thinking of joining the dark side, especially seeing as the the prices are coming down real quick by the looks of it. By dark side do you mean Mk8?

i am due a trip up to see the family fairly soon so was thinking of spending a few penny's at DS and finishing of the FF inlet build but I'm now thinking save the money and put it into something a little shinier. Shinier isn't always better

I suppose folks what I'm asking is what do you think? It's not money related at all and I really can't justify 3 cars in a 2 people family. What's wrong with 3 cars?!? FRP, ST and her KA+ :grin:

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,111 Posts
My 2p is it depends how long the daily drive is and what type of roads, and how long term it is. Mine is a daily but my commute is 20 minutes on A roads, if it was all motorway it might not be so good. I've had mine 10 years, test drove a mk7 around 2014 I think and it didn't do it for me either but from what I've heard about them since, I would have one. Turbo has its benefits in day to day driving.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I'm 10 min, 20 min max either way all twisty back roads. My one major regret would be that I wouldn't be able to do the odd bit of spanner ******* on the weekend if I got rid.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Im 10 min, 20 min max either way all twisty back roads. My one major regret would be that I wouldnt be able to do the odd bit of spanner :censored: on the weekend if I got rid.
Just because you change your car doesn't mean you can't tinker :)

@jase_llan'a idea of popping in a 1.6 ecoboost is a pretty good shout though as he's done all the graft proved it's doable and wrote the 'jase' manual on it (plenty of spanner usage) :nice:

81 - 100 of 134 Posts