Fiesta ST Forums banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Upper gearbox mount in and fitted, **** me it was a bitch to fit. I can see why there aren't any video's showing you how to fit it. Just waiting on tank and lines then she's all good again.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Well the old girls back together, new tank and hard lines in the end. Took it for a quick spin and can't say I noticed any difference in the vibration from the vibra technics mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Well the old girl failed her MOT,

I knew I needed to spend a few penny’s on it but just not as much as it needs. Ive ratted through nearly 20k miles this year thanks to work, this has stopped now I’ve a new company car however I think the damage has already been done. I spent as little as possible to get the car through the MOT inc a set of rear pads that will be chucked as soon as the ones I’ve ordered turn up. The rest I’ll do myself and things ha pie started turning up already.

So not in any particular order,

1. New disks & pads all round.
2. 2 New lower control arms.
3. New drop links.
4. New rear bearing (garage done this)

This is all on top of the work I carried out prior to the MOT,

1. New engine mounts.
2. New rear beam bushes.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
140 Posts
Oh no not good she failed! I replaced all my discs with EBCs and work well. Ndtuning.com got some good prices for them.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Discs are ordered just waiting on demon tweeks delivering my PBS pads. I use Mtec discs and I have for a good few years now, splashed out on coated discs this time for a change.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discs are ordered just waiting on demon tweeks delivering my PBS pads. I use Mtec discs and I have for a good few years now, splashed out on coated discs this time for a change.

Can't go wrong with pbs. They're a very capeable pad. I use protrack.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Lower control arms & drop links fitted today. Still waiting on my pads turning up so will do the discs pads and a flush with rbf 660 at the same time.

Lower control arms are my new “give it to the garage to do” job, snapped torx bits, wrote of a ratchet and swore far toooooo much to ever do it again.

Will be taking a trip to Halfords to do some swapping thanks to there lifetime garuntee.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 · (Edited)
Spent the afternoon swapping the discs and pads on all 4 corners today following the work for my MOT and a couple of advisories. Stayed with MTEC grooved discs as I haven’t had any issues with them for a good few years now on various cars although I did go for there coated discs to see if it will help keep the rust on the discs to a minimun.

Decided to try PBS track pads this time though instead of the yellowstuff that I’ve been running. There not fully bedded in yet as the traffic is a little busy round mine to find somewhere quite enough to stamp on the brakes. However my initial impressions are positive at the moment, grab from cold is far better than the yellowstuff pads.

Thought I might of had time to swap to my new steering wheel but lost the will to live, so I’ll save that for another day.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Update to the above,

massive fan of the above combination, so much grip from cold. They are a bit noisier than the previous set up but definitely worth the trade.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts