Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am new to this forum and am sure you have been asked this many times I recently purchased a st3 2019 with 'performance Pack' supposedly I have launch control and the ST shift light I spoke to ford and they said the engine performance level is high does this mean it has it for sure? Thanks all Adam

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
The diff is meant to be remarkable. Can you not feel it when exiting corners?

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,088 Posts
You can feel it in the corners when you are accelerating out of a corner or adjusting your angle and line you take with throttle as it gives you more options than an open diff. It allows you to press the throttle and the front just pulls in rather than wash wide etc.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Its fitted with slicks then???

Otherwise LOL
Why lol? ST is faster, for sure. But to be honest, don't underestimate Mondeos. They might not be as good as they were in the handling department but they can still corner. Back in the day on frozen lakes I left so many faster cars behind because a Mondeo could corner and it punched way above its class. You could either drive it like a mild ST so a bit tail happy but grips and corners or just keep it at an angle the whole circuit. Yes that was a MK3 but 4 and 5 still have that dna under all the softness and fat.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Shame the Mondeo has gone. The obsession with a big fat SUV has seen to that. Plenty room in a car like a Mondeo and more boot space than many SUVs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I just wanted to be sure as I have no paperwork in my books I was given from the dealership to say it had it but yes the handling is amazing really happy with it

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Yes I just wanted to be sure as I have no paperwork in my books I was given from the dealership to say it had it but yes the handling is amazing really happy with it
Well... The brute way to check is full revs and clutch dump and see how many lines :D. But, ETIS should show the correct info aka have the Performance in there.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Why lol? ST is faster, for sure. But to be honest, don't underestimate Mondeos. They might not be as good as they were in the handling department but they can still corner. Back in the day on frozen lakes I left so many faster cars behind because a Mondeo could corner and it punched way above its class. You could either drive it like a mild ST so a bit tail happy but grips and corners or just keep it at an angle the whole circuit. Yes that was a MK3 but 4 and 5 still have that dna under all the softness and fat.
You can't really compare a Mondeo with an ST as they have different wheelbase and are really designed to do different things.

I'm not saying the Mondeo is poor at all I've driven a few and found them very good cars but your not comparing like with like.

Its just not the best comparison sort of like when someone in here was saying driving round a corner using cruise control is no different in an ST or ST Line.

That's not a real driving situation taking into account of the road surface braking and acceleration which is what cars do.

Anyway. I didn't mean to slag off Mondeo's it was sort of meant to be a joke but obviously failed.

Unfortunately that's the problem with posting online its all about context and what might seem funny at the time often seems stupid later on.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Mondeo estate was a great SCUBA divers car - the amount of stuff you could get inside was truly amazing.

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
154 Posts
Just saying the Fiesta ST is a great corner taker, have the performance pack myself here.

Invisible add-on, but one which works very very great!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My mk8 St was a demonstrator, bought it from a rookie salesman who admitted he knew nothing about cars, and couldn't answer whether it had the performance pack on, which it has. Most of its junk in my mind, except for that quaife diff, by hell you can tell it's there, especially on uphill tight corners in the wet, say second gear, thank God for power steering as it's hunts for grip , lol. If you ignore the 'mapping' push button down by the gearshift, and press "ESC" instead, the dash info will tell you that you are now in sport mode, so you get the different fueling, but it leaves the enhanced steering and exhaust flap alone, result !

·
Registered
6 Posts
In order " feel" the diff then you have to apply speed/ gas when exiting corners.
Otherwise why the hell did he paid for the performance pack ?
hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
In order " feel" the diff then you have to apply speed/ gas when exiting corners.
Otherwise why the hell did he paid for the performance pack ?
hahaha
Hahaha, how very grown up.

The diff is included in the price for the ST3 so not necessarily extra.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
i dont think you feel the diff to its best, unless your in track mode with the esc off , because otherwise electronics are still interfering.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts