Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your own version of the Andromeda galaxy, taken by yourself, as shown by Brian Cox at 25:00 into this video:

Off you pop (need a clear night sky though)

If you have Android on your phone, get the free app "Google Sky Map" to help you locate the constellation in which it lies

Would love to see if its possible for a simpleton like me to do lol!!!

I'll give it a go when the weather is good.

Anyone done any planet pics or moon pics?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That photo is awesome!!! I want to do pics like that lol!!!!

I just adore studying the cosmos now - Brian Coxs' programs have re-kindled my adoration for it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a stunner of a pic!

I dream fo being able to take awesome photos of the planets! Some of the ones on that forum of the moon are totally spell-binding, same goes to the ones of the sun too!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
There's certainly no reason why you can't get similar pics, you just need to be in the middle of nowhere so you don't get light pollution, with a camera preferably slr/d-slr with bulb mode or the ability to take time lapse shots and a tripod.

To get really clear shots you need a telescope with a tracking function and a d-slr mount to take nice shots. My cousin has this set-up and has been tracking the shuttle on its last flight, along with other stars and the like. It's an interesting hobby but can become expensive depending on how far you want to delve in to it...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
mike, you really shouldnt of put the link up to that forum

ive just spent about 2hrs looking at all the pics on there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts