Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my st has developed a new
issue of having the revs rise whenever you use around 1/4 throttle or more in 5th or 6th gear. This sounds obvious right however it has done this for months and also it does not happen all the time. The vehicle is fully warm when tested and the spark plugs have been torqued properly. Very intermittent as this may happen but then try this again 10s later and the issue does not happen again

·
Super Moderator
23,775 Posts
What is your description of 'gear slip'?

Are the revs rising but you're not accelerating (i.e. Clutch slip)?

Is the engine juddering?

What road speed are you doing at the time (labouring engine)?

·
Registered
177 Posts
If this is occurring at peak torque and in high gear I would say this sounds like clutch slip. Though you say happening at 1/4 throttle, this is odd. Does the roadspeed increase with the revs?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys. The revs rise to about 3000 from 2500rpm and no acceleration straight away but then a second later returns to normal.
No judder. Speed not sure over 50mph but 2500rpm 5th gear or even 6th would not be labouring at those revs. Done on fairly flat roads not hills or anything

·
Super Moderator
23,775 Posts
What time of day and road surface are you on? Only because it could be slight wheel spin as boost comes in before TC sorts it out. Very cold and greasy out there the past few days.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What time of day and road surface are you on? Only because it could be slight wheel spin as boost comes in before TC sorts it out. Very cold and greasy out there the past few days.
Could be black ice, OP was it in a shaded area?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point never thought of that wouldnt of thought of wheel spin in a high gear.
Around 6pm. Normal road surface

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Sounds like clutch slip to me but 25k is quite low for a new clutch, why do you take it to your local garage, im sure they could tell you

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
But the standard is more than plenty surely. Only done 25k miles though suppose
Depends how you drive it and how much torque you're putting through it.

But yes, I'm on 50k miles with a stock clutch and plenty of track use. I've never launched the car though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts