Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is on a PCP that runs until about the end of 2022.

Incredibly, my car appears to be in about £2k positive equity comparing a weebuyanycar quote with my settlement figure.

I know that there may be a long lead time, but does anyone know if reasonable discounts are still out there?
Would consider a stock car or a factory order. Not looking for much in the way of options.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
AutoEbid gave me the best prices when I was looking and have actual people calling the dealers on your behalf. The average saving over carwow was 500 to 1000 more on different specs of STs at the time (March)

Certainly some deals to be had but cars in stock unregistered seem to be increasing in price from what I have noticed, while factory orders are looking like 5 to 6 months. Maybe some better deals around the corner with the rumors of a face lift.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Received 4 quotes. Best was 10.3% discount including £1k from Ford.
3 door ST3 with LEDs just under £23k.
Probably wait to about October and order for March delivery.
Would go earlier if face-lift comes in. Don't want tablet style dials and less discount!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
According to the valuation in Autotrader I could sell my March registered ST-3 with 1600 miles on the clock for exactly what I paid for it new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Second hand car prices are very inflated at the moment and for performance models in particular they supply is low/ demand is high or at least that’s what the market has decided. I’m trying to buy an st-2 or st-3 5 door currently, ideally second hand but the stock is low and premium is high.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Second hand car prices are very inflated at the moment and for performance models in particular they supply is low/ demand is high or at least that’s what the market has decided. I’m trying to buy an st-2 or st-3 5 door currently, ideally second hand but the stock is low and premium is high.
Hi @Wardo take a look at this...Some options for you perhaps? Today 09/07/21👍🏻

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi @Wardo take a look at this...Some options for you perhaps? Today 09/07/21👍🏻

Thanks for this. Am looking for 5 door. There is one there which looks decent and 2k off list is reasonable. Does 18-20k for a 2 year old 10k miles to 20k miles seem high? That’s only 5-6k depreciation in 2 years. (20%). Is this standard for an ST? Coming for a GR Yaris which I sold for what I bought it for so interested to know if STs hold value well

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Seems high to me, I got my 5 door ST3, 70 plate with 1000 miles with every option in April for that sort of money…

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Thanks for this. Am looking for 5 door. There is one there which looks decent and 2k off list is reasonable. Does 18-20k for a 2 year old 10k miles to 20k miles seem high? That’s only 5-6k depreciation in 2 years. (20%). Is this standard for an ST? Coming for a GR Yaris which I sold for what I bought it for so interested to know if STs hold value well
How come you got rid of the Yaris?

·
Registered
21 Posts
How come you got rid of the Yaris?
A combination of reasons really. Overall an amazing car for the £. It’s engineering is brilliant, it’s grip levels are skyline esque and if you get a chance to, I would 100% say try one but I just didn’t bond/ love it and as a second car I couldn’t afford that kind of money to sit around. Why didn’t I love it:
  • it was ultimately too capable for my ability to be ‘fun’ (subjective). You end up doing some very silly speeds, very quickly, breaking limits on corners let alone straights
  • Due to personal circumstances I was basically using it in evenings for the sake of it
  • I need something a bit more practical with 2 young kids to ferry around.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
A combination of reasons really. Overall an amazing car for the £. It’s engineering is brilliant, it’s grip levels are skyline esque and if you get a chance to, I would 100% say try one but I just didn’t bond/ love it and as a second car I couldn’t afford that kind of money to sit around. Why didn’t I love it:
  • it was ultimately too capable for my ability to be ‘fun’ (subjective). You end up doing some very silly speeds, very quickly, breaking limits on corners let alone straights
  • Due to personal circumstances I was basically using it in evenings for the sake of it
  • I need something a bit more practical with 2 young kids to ferry around.
I can absolutely understand that - I felt the same about my M135i, too fast, too capable = dull on UK roads. Few of us here have said the same. (Edit. Through I still miss the engine note!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can absolutely understand that - I felt the same about my M135i, too fast, too capable = dull on UK roads. Few of us here have said the same. (Edit. Through I still miss the engine note!)
Ooo yeah that engine is a peach. The GR engine was good but it really needed a sports exhaust to make it feel fast. The pumped in sound was addictive in a way but a bit of a numb experience. I did take it on a some flooded roads in a monsoon at frankly silly speeds and it didn’t skip a beat. Highly impressive

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wee update.

My st2 has gone from £15.6k to £16.8k in terms of offer from weebuyanycar in the last 3 months.

September 2019 car with 17k miles.

Tempting!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wee update.

My st2 has gone from £15.6k to £16.8k in terms of offer from weebuyanycar in the last 3 months.

September 2019 car with 17k miles.

Tempting!
Hi @KenL, a strong position to put a deposit down on a new car and play the waiting game...If you have another car to use of course. I don't think this crazy inflated used car price situation will last forever and who knows what will happen when people have purchased a used car for an inflated price and the used market price crashes back to normality...Perhaps it's time for you to think about a new ST3👍🏻

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I don’t understand this positive equity I’ve been reading so much about recently in regards to this new price inflation, I also don’t understand how people have been saying they’ve made £k in their back pockets… am I missing out on something with PCP?

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
Say you put no deposit down on your £20k car and owe £10k on your PCP at the outset, after a year of your £250 pcm payments you owe £7k. You sell it for £19k, clearing the finance (£7k and paying off the £10k 'bubble') you're left with £2k in your pocket... If that makes any sense?! Granted you've paid £3k for the year of payments but that basically explains people coming out with cash in hand with prices being so strong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the issue of used prices returning to normal at some point in the future is very interesting as once this happens, buyers will wait with prices falling. And with prices failing there will be sellers desperate to recoup some of their outlay so they will reduce their prices even further and buyers will continue to wait as prices drop until, the 2nd hand market returns back to normal.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
the issue of used prices returning to normal at some point in the future is very interesting as once this happens, buyers will wait with prices falling. And with prices failing there will be sellers desperate to recoup some of their outlay so they will reduce their prices even further and buyers will continue to wait as prices drop until, the 2nd hand market returns back to normal.
I wouldn't be so sure that 'normal' as we all knew it is ever going to be quite the same.

I can't help but feel that at some point before, during or shortly after the chip/production delays eventually sort themselves out we'll start to see the discontinuance of ICE models kicking in. When that happens the second hand market for ICE models will never be normal again.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts