Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Turns out if you bought the new Edition ST you are immediately in positive equity even if you paid 100 quid deposit.

I've still no build date :sleep:

·
<3 Blue
4,183 Posts
All of a sudden I have loads of equity in my ST.....more deposit towards the Focus.

Just one snag......no sign of the Focus yet and it would be just my luck if the second hand prices plummet!

·
Registered
161 Posts
All of a sudden I have loads of equity in my ST.....more deposit towards the Focus.

Just one snag......no sign of the Focus yet and it would be just my luck if the second hand prices plummet!
Hi @Madpig, fingers crossed it works in your favour, we could all do with some good luck now and again👍🏻

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
My PCP expires in Feb and im currently about £5k in positive equity. It is very tempting to take advantage of this nice little windfall but im struggling to see what could replace my ST.

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
My PCP expires in Feb and im currently about £5k in positive equity. It is very tempting to take advantage of this nice little windfall but im struggling to see what could replace my ST.
Same as me... Another ST 😂

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Same as me... Another ST 😂
Same thing :D. It would be nice to have a new one with different color, a new warranty etc but why change if it ain't broken. I can't think of any other car in the price range that I would rather have. I looked at used cabriolet Mustang 2.3l:s, used Focus RSs etc. The cars that I like are all so highly priced in the current situation and for example there is only one 2.3l cabriolet Mustang for sale in Finland and that's pricy as hell because it's the only one and that's a dealer demo with 114thousand kms on the clock. There are many 5.0 Mustangs available and those are double the price of a 2.3l because of the taxes. Yaris GR could be nice but 45 thousand euros for one, that's 15thousand extra over a new ST... Plus I think I'd find it too grippy and less fun than my FiST.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
If youre gonna buy a Mustang it has to be the V8 surely or whats the point?
Ive decided to keep my ST and bought a 1996 Corvette C4 convertible. The 5.7L V8 is the nuts!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Ive decided to keep my ST and bought a 1996 Corvette C4 convertible. The 5.7L V8 is the nuts!
My uncle has the 5.0 V8 Bullit and it makes the Fiesta ST seem like a Little Tykes Kiddi Coupé.
It drinks petrol, is a bugger to park on narrow streets and has to be a garage queen by default, simply because the risk of theft or vandalism is so high. Worth it, though 🐴 :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Guy at my golf club has a fancy green one, a special edition I think.
Worth it for the sound. 😎

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
In Finland they are half the price because of taxes, all the power I need for a convertible, drink way less petrol and you can tune them so why not. If I bough a convertible for performance it certainly would not be the Mustang or any American model. If you want to have a convertible it has to be a GT and if you want performance it has to be a normal tin top (not going into exotics here).

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just a wee update now that I have ordered a new car.
ST2 no options. 2 years old when being traded in, estimated mid October.

Trade in £16 900, settlement will be £12 900.

So, £4k equity. I will paid ~£7k in payments.
So £3k cost over 24 months or £125 per month.
Very cheap motoring. 🤣

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I have just got over £1.5k more for my ST3 than I paid for it a year ago. At 56 years old it is the first time in my years of buying cars that I have ever made a profit. And to top it off I had the pleasure of driving it for a year.

It was a 2nd car so I don't need to buy anything else. I will just wait until the big price reset happens and then maybe buy another one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Car going tomorrow. 7k equity, awaiting delivery of new ST3 now estimated at dealer mid November. Have use of another car so trying to maximise trade in while prices are good.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts