Fiesta ST Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Hi guys just to bump this thread I'm selling my ST-3 after a year and 7k miles for the grand sum of £21,715, I don't really want to get rid but 4k cash in my pocket appeals! Polo GTI getting delivered next week on a lease deal, not my first choice but something sporty and most importantly in stock.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
can't say ive been tempted to sell, but perhaps im in a different situation to most, mine seems to be worth a couple of grand more than i paid for it, but its paid for, so its not like id be saving any money on monthly payments, and i don't fancy anything else, ive already had a very wide range of cars and nothing else tempts me tbh.

Besides most folks who are selling up to cash in, then seem to go on and buy something more expensive and get into even more debt.....no sense in that imo.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
can't say ive been tempted to sell, but perhaps im in a different situation to most, mine seems to be worth a couple of grand more than i paid for it, but its paid for, so its not like id be saving any money on monthly payments, and i don't fancy anything else, ive already had a very wide range of cars and nothing else tempts me tbh.

Besides most folks who are selling up to cash in, then seem to go on and buy something more expensive and get into even more debt.....no sense in that imo.
Same situation, would love to make the extra cash but I’d just end up paying an inflated price on something else. The 2k I would profit is kind of pointless as we would still need a car. So, on PCP do you get to pocket your profit??

·
Premium Member
532 Posts

Think I'm on the other end of the scale to you, I've just bought my first house and got out of a rental at the end of July so the cash injection is handy for home improvements, plus I'm now in masses of mortgage debt 😂

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Same situation, would love to make the extra cash but I’d just end up paying an inflated price on something else. The 2k I would profit is kind of pointless as we would still need a car. So, on PCP do you get to pocket your profit??
On a PCP you get to keep the profits as it's "your" car (in that it's registered to you) to do what you want to within reason and in this case you can trade it in whenever you fancy 👍

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
On a PCP you get to keep the profits as it's "your" car (in that it's registered to you) to do what you want to within reason and in this case you can trade it in whenever you fancy 👍
But of course people minded to take out an expensive hire car arrangement in the first place will be highly susceptible to falling for all the smoke and mirrors again by getting a 'just for you sir, only available today, managers special deal' on another car the moment they 'cash in'. Dealers, like all con artists know their victims weaknesses and blind spots. The buyer will convince themselves they're getting a good deal, the dealer gets more commission, the manufacturer hires another car and so it goes on... everyone is happy 👍

Stuff that, I'm with @Familyman & @Tsotsi8787 all bought and paid for, don't want anything else.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
The ST was great fun for the last 6 months but I’m afraid I’ve seen the pound signs and sold mine. £3k profit and free motoring except fuel and insurance obviously. With the extended covid work from home situation it just wasn’t getting much use and it didn’t make financial sense just being a nice car to look at out the window.

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Just a wee update now that I have ordered a new car.
ST2 no options. 2 years old when being traded in, estimated mid October.

Trade in £16 900, settlement will be £12 900.

So, £4k equity. I will paid ~£7k in payments.
So £3k cost over 24 months or £125 per month.
Very cheap motoring. 🤣
Not a Mk8 but I had an email from my dealership about my Mk7 the other day offering me £12.5k

That's £5k lost over as many years, £83.30pcm

😂

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I still can't believe there is 6 used editions for sale on Autotrader with the cheapest being a five under 28k, and I guess no one paid that new.

Talk about positive equity.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts