Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just wondering if any of you have ever experienced this before. The car is a 68 plate ST-2. When parking on a hill facing down, I noticed a small puddle under the car. On further inspection It looks like water is coming out of the exhaust back box. You should be able to see a small water drop about to fall from the back box in the below image. What do you think? Normal? Or a trip to the dealer… thanks.

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,648 Posts
Burning petrol produces water, carbon dioxide and some (due to the violent reactions involved) some nitreos and sulphur oxides.... water is normal in exhaust and there is even often a small drain hole to to allow them to vent rather than sit causing possible accelerated corrosion.

I can't see any reason to be concerned with water in the exhaust

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Burning petrol produces water, carbon dioxide and some (due to the violent reactions involved) some nitreos and sulphur oxides.... water is normal in exhaust and there is even often a small drain hole to to allow them to vent rather than sit causing possible accelerated corrosion.

Cheers, that makes sense. Assuming it’s coming from the drain hole in that case :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts