Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted the Powerflex upper engine mount PFF19-2025.

Anybody else fitted one, not sure if this split should close up or not?

Have placed the split to the inside of the mount, so it cant be seen when fitted.

Also fitted the transmission mount which was easy, just a bit time consuming to get to.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have this job to do soon as have the Powerflex mount insert sat here. Hopefully I have the correct one ....got mine from Matt Lewis too....

please let me know what he comes back with if you message him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually just had a nosey around and came across this picture which may explain it a bit. It seems the top of the mount is squared and fits into the black rubber already present, the rounded bit for the Powerflex insert is a little lower on the shaft. Maybe your mount is knackered or the shaft needs pulling out a bit?

Stolen picture please excuse the crudity.

F3-D70564-DB05-45-AD-91-C6-A9-D6575-B53-

This video is also useful from 2 minutes onwards:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The slice is installed wrongly. Tighten the bolt to 50nm without the slice, or the spanner wouldnt fit in groove, squared portion. Install the mount to the car, tighten all bolts to specs. After that jack the engine slightly, a gap would be exposed, then lube the slice and muscle it in. Use ziptie or stainless steel wire to secure it instead of the rubber oring, its kinda useless. Fyi the slice is correct, the round portion is at the slit and opposite, the squared portion is covered by the mount in pic.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been in contact with Powerflex and sent them the same photos.

They didn't comment on if it looks right or wrong but said the rubber band isn't tight enough and will send me another.

Cant see the band pulling together the split but well see!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I fitted mine this weekend to 2014 model and went totally fine and looked exactly the same as the ones pictured. I did not have to remove the top part of the mount either with sufficient grease I could push it in.

Did the engine mounts change for different years?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Having fitted mine today using @DaHermit23 's method (though had to use two smaller cable ties as I'd run out of long ones) I think I've worked out what's wrong with yours. It looks like the metal part of the mount needs to come out of the black part more as the Powerflex insert should sit under the rectangular part at the top where the black OEM rubber bit sits.

It took me two goes to get it to sit right as I was wedging it in on the car, but a liberal spray of silicone got it sitting spot on. Only issue I'm seeing is that as the mount is rocking back and forth, the insert appears to be catching on the edge of the hole in the black part of the mount and deforming a little.

I'll keep and eye on it and once I have a chance I'll be swapping the two cable ties for one longer one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll be refitting mine without the slit in the bush as shown on my last post. Can anyone tell me if there is a gap between the black orignal bush and and yellow bush when not mounted on the car, I cannot remember. Reason being without the split in the bush and using a new bolt I need to be able to get a spAnner on to hold against. I have some thin 3mm spanners so hoping there is a gap.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts